PDA

View Full Version : e-brake light???

lavy_gts
08-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Okay I started a thread roughly a month ago regarding the same problem however I cant find it.

My emerg light is on 24/7 and last time i reported this the light was roughly 60% illuminated, it is now about 95% illuminated?

Someone told me to fill my brake fluid up but that was not the case seems it was full.

I have heard that it may be my emerg cable that has been loosened? if this is the case how can i tightin it back on?

any other suggestions as to why it is acting up, please giv'er

Galcobar
08-27-2005, 01:36 AM
Step one -- check that your parking brake cables are in decent (it's a 1990, I know from experience they won't be good) condition and that all the brackets are tight.

Step two -- ensure your parking brakes are correctly adjusted and have sufficient material on them (minimum 0.039 inches or 1 mm).

Step three -- adjust the parking brake lever. Should be 4-7 clicks to get proper engagement with moderate force. Remove the centre console to access the adjuster. On the right side at the base of the handle there will be a threaded rod with a flat nut and a long nut. The top nut locks the position of the lower nut. Loosen the locknut while holding the adjusting nut, then turn the adjusting nut until the handle travels 4-7 clicks when pulled, then tighten the locknut onto the adjusting nut.

lavy_gts
08-27-2005, 06:27 AM
man just reading that made my nuts hurt...

where do you live i may as well spend the 700$ gas money to get you to do it haha

ill try er out tomo thanks man

Galcobar
08-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Well? How'd it go?

COLDAX
08-30-2005, 05:22 PM
I believe there is a sensor that reads when the ebrake lever is down (so you don't drive with it on). Your lever may not be making contact with sensor, thus triggering the light.

my parking cable snapped and the light stayed on all the time since there was no tension on it.

Just a thought. try jiggling the ebrake lever or pushing down on it. does the light go off?

Celicaguy13
09-19-2005, 06:28 AM
Try adding brake fluid, if it works that just means your brakes are wearing out so the fluid lowers in the tank and the brake light goes off.