PDA

View Full Version : FirstTime out all summer *56k*

Scrodbagus
08-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Well after a long headgasket job i finally did it haha.. and i finally rolled her out of the garage and shined her up.. to bad im moving to college in 5 days and leaving it behind.

IM such a noob, but i did it, so far so good, no leaks, idle at 800rpm and purrs like a pussy cat.

http://people.msoe.edu/~morem/Celica/RebuiltEngine.JPG

http://people.msoe.edu/~morem/Celica/Clean.JPG

http://people.msoe.edu/~morem/Celica/FrontRight.JPG

ocb_dave_ocb
08-23-2005, 11:37 PM
HMMMM that white hood on the black car just isnt doing it for me u could at least prime it black and have it ready for paint........JK... nice work on the Headjob...

Scrodbagus
08-24-2005, 09:49 AM
yeah everyone around here calls my car the skunk. thats my next project maybe this fall hopefully

AJz
08-24-2005, 10:46 AM
wow that engine bay is clean, man even your alt is shiny. TIPS :D

im planning on doing a big clean up of my engine bay soon, what sorta stuff did you use?

Murgatroy
08-24-2005, 11:24 AM
I like the white hood, get a white trunk to match. It is kinda groovy looking. :hehe:

ocb_dave_ocb
08-24-2005, 03:24 PM
You better push down your spark plug wire..............Second one over from the driver side...

Scrodbagus
08-24-2005, 05:31 PM
All i did for the engine bay was take as much out as i could.. anything with corrosion on it i sanded down a lil primed and painted with a thin coat .. all the shiney you see was from acetone.. that stuff cleans anything..

That Spark plug wire is a funny one.. its fully seated on the plug and runs fine, the metal inside the wire is just pusehd down further then the other 3.

caneman
08-24-2005, 05:51 PM
All i did for the engine bay was take as much out as i could.. anything with corrosion on it i sanded down a lil primed and painted with a thin coat .. all the shiney you see was from acetone.. that stuff cleans anything...

"Inhalation of concentrations higher than 2000 ppm can cause dizziness, a feeling of drunkenness, drowsiness, nausea and vomiting. Unconsciousness may result if exposure is extremely high (greater than 10000 ppm). Intolerable nose and throat irritation would also occur at these concentrations. Even higher concentrations can cause collapse, coma and death."

Watch what chemicals you use. Some of that stuff is nasty and can sneak up on you years and years later ... think pancreatic or liver cancer by the time your 60. I'm just watching out for my young friends. ;)

Scrodbagus
08-24-2005, 09:48 PM
holy crap.. i got dizzy when i used it, but nothin a lil fresh air dint fix.. thanks for the caution

caneman
08-25-2005, 12:50 AM
holy crap.. i got dizzy when i used it, but nothin a lil fresh air dint fix.. thanks for the caution

You're welcome. I think that my work is done here. ;)

johnL
08-26-2005, 03:26 PM
Good work!! Glad to hear your car is up and running.

John L.

ibanezgfx
08-27-2005, 07:16 AM
can a bad head gasket cause a horrible idle, occasional stalling, and stuff?

MoralWarfare
08-27-2005, 03:41 PM
i love the celica emblem on the valve cover :). Your car looks great.

VikingJZ
08-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Yeah I like that too. Did you print a picture off of the internet and make a stencil out of it? I've never seen the 2200 blacked out besides mine.

fiveSFE
08-27-2005, 09:36 PM
wow that is a clean car, it will look way better if u get the hood painted though, that valve cover is badass, whered you get it?

Scrodbagus
08-28-2005, 02:05 AM
i did the valve cover myself.. pulled off the orginal 16valve logo, took acetone to it cleaned it up good, stenciled out the dragon, and sprayed it with high heat ceramic.. so far it hasnt burned off.. im curious to see if it ever does..

BlueDragon
09-09-2005, 09:52 PM
VERY NICE! Im gonna copy you on that valve cover, although Its not exactly a copy because i have 3 of those logos on my car already :lolhittin Thats very impressive and inspiring too! Keep it clean and pimp that dragon celi
yodapimp

ibanezgfx
09-10-2005, 06:56 AM
freakin sexy brotha man!!!
my only things i want to see is some wheel spacers and a drop. :)
do it. do it.

DrPaine
10-04-2005, 06:41 AM
Actually with yoru spark plug wire, try just pulling on the wire itself. My mr2 did that and it was just that the wire was pushed inside the core a little bit, i pulled it and i felt it hit the top and it now sits level with the rest.

Slider
10-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Nice, paint the hood though. Oh and I would try to make a heatshield for that intake, it must be sucking in hot engine air like crazy. Might be even losing power over the stock intake.

ScottGT-S
10-04-2005, 07:02 PM
I like your engine bay, what header is that? Camry?

spoolin_gt
10-04-2005, 09:24 PM
can a bad head gasket cause a horrible idle, occasional stalling, and stuff?

no..but a bad ignition can...as well as a bad O2 sensor...

nice paint job by the way...