PDA

View Full Version : Stay tuned...

Todd
12-16-2004, 04:35 AM
For a 5S-FTE write up.
Just finished my first semester, sitting around a 3.2, so I can spare a little bit of time for a write up.

and if youre thinking 'who the fuck is this kid', dont worry...

Mike431635
12-16-2004, 06:09 AM
Can't wait! :)

presure2
12-16-2004, 01:31 PM
good stuff tood, im assuming you have a 5th gen?
theres a few of us over on 6gc.net that are working on turbo setups, the more writups the better!!

Todd
12-16-2004, 04:07 PM
yea its a 5th gen.
anything specific anyone wants addressed?

Snafu
12-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Sweet shit Todd. Nice to see that your life isn't as hectic as it has been. Can't wait.

Todd
12-16-2004, 07:29 PM
colin,
your car is for sale? no more turbo?
update please...? :confused:

D Devil
12-16-2004, 10:52 PM
Who the fuck is this kid? J/K :P Can't wait to see it.

Conrad_Turbo
12-17-2004, 02:24 AM
Who the fuck is this kid? J/K :P Can't wait to see it.
Haha you beat me to it.

Welcome aboard Todd!

Snafu
12-17-2004, 02:44 AM
I'm sorry, but I found an alltrac! I'm sorry man, you helped me with a lot of stuff, I'm very greatful. I have all the pieces, but this alltrac was just too good of a deal.

ChrisD
12-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Hey Todd!

Good to hear you're going to do that write up. Could prove to be a valuable resource.

Did you ever clear up that detonation issue? If you figured that out, probably would be useful to toss in your write up.

Things you might want to put in there:

-what is done to avoid a lean condition (IE. injectors, FPR, etc.)
-what is done to avoid detonation
-where to tap in to get oil feed for turbo
-pics if possible?
-state the limits of the system. The 315cc/min injectors are only good for 192hp (flywheel) at 100% duty if Pressure2 did his calculations right.
-advice if you plan to exceed those said limits
-tell people to use a wideband, to avoid ne-oobs in the future from saying that its your fault they blew their engine. :hehe:

Todd
12-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Chris:
I cant say how to avoid a lean condition ;)
And if those calculations are right...thats not good. When I go in for tuning (within the month, or during the summer), I was aiming for at least 200 at the crank.
Xitchty (sp?) made numbers better than that i think, but I'm not sure how his a/f was.
Hopefully some more debugging and an aeromotive FPR will get my a/f in the safe range before i go back to school in January.

ChrisD
12-17-2004, 07:10 PM
Thats cool. Well according to the calculations you can do on RC engineering's web site, here: http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm , the 315's are looking pretty limited even in best case scenarios. (careful not to use any duty cycle higher than 0.8, the calculation is distorted after that)

Best of luck getting things sorted.

Nemesis3S-GTE
12-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Welcome Todd. Congratulations on getting your first semester over with. How was VT? I remember talking to you a while ago about it, i sometimes still wish i would have gone there. Oh well, can't wait to see the write up. I am looking forward to seeing your dyno numbers as well.

Todd
12-18-2004, 05:32 AM
VT is awesome....no where else id rather be.
im pretty sure we will see an aeromotive FPR on my car within the next few weeks. not necesarrily for tuneability, but it should put my af ratio in a safer range. it also has 1:1 pressure/boost, which stock doesnt i believe...so, 8 more psi under boost will hopefully give me enough fuel to lower my EGT.
im also taking my map sensor to the dealership to get it tested. i *will* figure this car out.

Mister2T
12-19-2004, 03:27 AM
lol i hope you do, cause i want to see numbers heh.