PDA

View Full Version : Quick photochop of my Series 5 GT4

=cJ=
08-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Hi there :)

Just playing round a bit to see what my car would look like with these rims and a few other simple mods.

All I've done is lowered the car, added 17"-ish advanti 5-spoke rims, tinted the windows and taillights and removed the side indicator repeaters, oh, and tweaked the exhaust tip ;)

Original car with awful dealership alloys :eek: ...
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/1/9/3/6/original_smaller.jpg

Photochopped...
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/1/9/3/6/photoshop_side.jpg

Opinions and suggestions are most welcome as I'm still not sure what to do from here (if anything...). :)

Murgatroy
08-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Not bad. I think it is interesting that you would remove the side repeater, marker lights we call them here. They weren't offered in North America. Rayme added a set to his car, and I plan on doing likewise. That is funny. I guess it is all about the local options as to what you would do to be different. The rims that came on the car aren't that bad either, better than stock in my opinion. I have never been a fan of 5-spokes on an Import either, I grew up with Torque Thrusts and Cragars on Muscle cars, that is where a 5-Spoke belongs. I don't know about down there, as tastes are different a mile away, much less half the world. Again though it is my opinion, the only one that should matter to you is yours though. ;)

AllOutRed90
08-23-2005, 02:29 PM
I grew up with Torque Thrusts and Cragars on Muscle cars, that is where a 5-Spoke belongs.

those 5 spoke rims are not like those that you would see on a "muscle car" the ones for muscle cars are much different. and im sure they wouldnt be offering rims for imports in american bolt patterns? lol.... those look good, ive seen those same rims on like 3 different 7th gens and they always look good. :bigthumbu

Murgatroy
08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Your kidding? A rear wheel drive offset won't fit properly with the brakes on a front wheel drive? Surely you jest.

I am perfectly aware of what fits what and what style goes with what. It is just my personal opinion that a 5-spoke rim of any design belongs on a Domestic Rear Wheel Drive Automobile.

And as a matter of fact, the bolt pattern for the Celica is the same as the bold pattern for GM five lugs. 5x115mm or 5x4.75" they are the same. It is the offset that matters though, not the bolt pattern.

I wasn't trying to be an ass there, although I did come off sounding that way. I just wanted to clarify my opinion and correct you as well. Sorry if I seemed harsh. It is all good. :D

AllOutRed90
08-23-2005, 03:23 PM
but the bolt pattern for the celica is 5x100 ???? what are you smoking bud....

Murgatroy
08-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Then it is the Duece that is a 5x115. That would mean the Celica shares the 5 lug Ford Pattern at 5x4.5" though.

=cJ=
08-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Well, the side repeaters will only get removed if I can find a set of rear-vision mirrors that have the indicators built in. There's some nice ones I have seen that are two-colour, with white driving and amber indicators in the same body. Else they're probably a good idea to keep :p Heh, if I do get rid of them, I'll let you know, as long as postage isn't too steep :p

Murgatroy, that's kinda interesting, what do you see as being the "typical" wheel for an "import" (by this I assume you mean Japanesse import, because most of our cars here are imported :p).

I just couldn't imagine that style of five-spoke on any old-school car, cragers and suchlike yes, not advantis though :p

The rims that came from the dealer are not too bad, just a bit too small for what I want and a bit too "messy" (if you know what I mean...)

Oh, and what do you think of my replacement sticker for the side of teh car? :hehe:

Murgatroy
08-23-2005, 11:06 PM
I liked the sticker. Hehe. I happen to have a Celicatech sticker on my car as well. :hehe:

I like the spoked style, I have Enkei RS6s on Chaos, they are 6-spoke. I also like the Volks. The wheels like what you have (current) are a nice style as well, just to small. When Chaos gets her GT-S brake swap I am going to go with a set similar to that, charcoal, deep dish, but 17"s no doubt. It is just that 5-spokes stick out in my head on a larger bodied car. I don't know why, I mean I can not come up with a logical reason other than that is what I always saw growing up.

And yeah, if you do get rid of the repeaters, keep me in mind. I wonder how much shipping would be for halfway around the world...

AllOutRed90
08-24-2005, 12:02 AM
dude, are you wrong again...this is the info i got off a site... 5X114.3mm(5X4.5) so there for if thats true then your wrong again buddy...

AznKlique
08-24-2005, 01:21 AM
Nice chop but those are not 17's :squint: They look more like 18's in the back and 19's in the front. I like your side markers :bigthumbu . Keep them.

=cJ=
08-24-2005, 04:24 AM
AznKlique: yeah, you're probably right about the alloy sizes, I kinda streched them till they looked right and fitted (plus I'm pretty noob at photoshop). I don't think I'm gonna go above 17" for practicality though (I want to keep roughly the same rolling diameter, just have a bit less tyre).

Hmm, now you guys have got me thinking about those repeaters, they do look OK, and change for changes sake isn't the name of my game...hmmm **head scratching**

Murgatroy
08-24-2005, 07:37 AM
dude, are you wrong again...this is the info i got off a site... 5X114.3mm(5X4.5) so there for if thats true then your wrong again buddy...
Whyte get over it, the point is, the bolt pattern is not as important and the back spacing/offset. I am however flattered that you went through all that effort to prove me wrong. Congrats, you win at life.

AllOutRed90
08-24-2005, 03:23 PM
lol woo hoo.... do i get a trophy? ok anyways how do you you even know the offset? did he post it up?

Murgatroy
08-25-2005, 12:54 PM
No I have no clue on the offset, but I know from common sense and experience that a domestic offset for a RWD will not work with the brakes on a FWD, there is not enough clearance. I am sure there are exceptions to this, but the most common offsets will not work.

And if I can think about it, I will try and find you a trophy, I am rarely wrong. ;) If I am not certain about something I normally keep my mouth shut about it, but since I have a 4-Lug ST, I typed before I thought. ;)

AJz
08-25-2005, 01:47 PM
man wat are you guys on, lol,

Colossus20v
08-25-2005, 02:37 PM
lol woo hoo.... do i get a trophy? ok anyways how do you you even know the offset? did he post it up?
donate to the site and you will get a trophy.

CJ: I think 17"s would be fine for you. Remember though when looking for rims check on the weight of them as well and get the lighter ones if you are having difficulty deciding which rims to get.

AllOutRed90
08-25-2005, 03:30 PM
if i donated a penny would i get one? haha....im poor :(

fiveSFE
08-26-2005, 07:22 AM
i think those markers are ugly, but i also think it would be to much hassle to take them off

AllOutRed90
08-26-2005, 03:13 PM
if you do take em off...sell em to me...lol

mycelicalivesinmygarage
06-21-2006, 12:36 PM
can someone point out these markers in a picture (newbie)?

ciento44
06-21-2006, 03:44 PM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3736/originalsmaller7sd.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Azzazzyn
06-21-2006, 05:22 PM
glad that alloutred bastage is gone. My car is 4x114.3 w00t I win at life yay.

Murgatroy
06-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Holy old thread!

I miss Whyte, he was fun to harass.

And boy did he hate me. You should see some of the PMs we exchanged. I evern tried being nice to him once. :hehe:

DESTROYER
06-27-2006, 12:44 PM
cJ :D

=cJ=
06-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Sarp :waveoz:

Good to see you round these parts mang :D

Timmey
02-13-2008, 08:56 AM
I have the JDM's, like em but they are ugly. Has anyone swapped these to LED markers? I just don't like the orange lens and whatnot. I would like to replace with orange LED markers with clear lenses.

Thanks!

Cavanagh
02-15-2008, 02:22 AM
Hella Old Thread!

Corey Darling
02-15-2008, 08:32 PM
There are clear lenses available. I'll have to did around for the site when get to my laptop.

=cJ=
03-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Yikes, that brought up a few memories :D!

Have to get some pics of the beast now, it's a wee bit different :P

burnyd
03-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Holy Old Thread!