PDA

View Full Version : Rack and Pinion

AllOutRed90
08-19-2005, 01:22 AM
I already have a good condition one sitting in my garage, has anyone had theres replaced and how much was it? mine has tears on the rubber and prolly sumn bent to, from an accident i had last september....haha, im so lazy i havnt had it put on yet....any info should help, or else if its possible to do it yourself im ready to try.... :hehe:

alltracman78
08-19-2005, 02:42 AM
The rubber [boots] are replaceable separately.
What happened in the accident?

AllOutRed90
08-19-2005, 03:11 AM
Well someone lossened my lug nuts on my front drivers wheel, and well i was noticing some wheel noise a knocking grinding noise or sumn. and i was on my way to school (first do of school with my license too) so i am going to the speed limit or a little about prolly 60....but it flew off, i saw it fly into a corn feild, and the car dropped, flipped up the fender grinded off my rotor and cracked my axle. I got all that replaced by my insurance, but they didnt diagnose the rack and pinion. So this is up to me to get it fixed now...so here i am asking questions? do you have answers? lol and i think replacing just those little boots would be a little more difficult, plus i think its bent too.....

alltracman78
08-22-2005, 11:56 PM
Replacing just the boots is ALOT easier than replacing the whole thing. Trust me.
You might be able to get away with replacing the tie rod on that side. I doubt it bent the whole thing.

How about a pic?

AllOutRed90
08-23-2005, 12:50 AM
i cannot get pics of under my car haha....

alltracman78
08-23-2005, 07:18 AM
Why not?

Just jack it up.

AllOutRed90
08-23-2005, 02:22 PM
lol i dunno im lazy its hard to just up my car with the body kit on it...lol i dunno...ill prolly just get a price from a local shop or sumn...