PDA

View Full Version : Can never get it right with the Toyota Dealer

Thumpin00gts
12-15-2004, 09:54 PM
So I got the recall notice which only says they'll "check" the brake master cylinder and fix it as they see fit...so first off i doubt the'll do jake shit but I took it just for peace of mind. Not only that but I call ahead of time and make an appointment for 1 today so that I dont have to have my car sit in line. Well I show up at 1 and guess what, the service department gate is closed, i'm like wtf. I park on the street and walk in the dealership...all the employees are gathered together for a company "party." Now that really annoyed me, why the fuck do you make appointments when you know you wont be able to help the customers? So the service department guy sees me and writes down my shit on a piece of paper, i give him my keys and he says "okay as soon as this is over we'll get started on it" Ya...right...I'll be surprised if i get my car back today :arr:

Sean
12-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Itsi really imporant to look around to find a decent toyota dealership, most of the ones ive been to I've recieved similiar treatment.

gt_turbo
12-16-2004, 03:28 AM
yea some toyota dealers customer service sucks ass, just have to find a good one. unfortunately the good one in my town is all the way on the other side of town, but i have a shitty one like 2 mins away from my house.

Thumpin00gts
12-16-2004, 04:05 AM
guys, i dont even think you'll believe me when I tell you what I found out when I picked up the car. I'll start with the little things, it took them 4 hours to give me a call back from the time of drop off. When i brought it home I realized that they had put dealer liscence plate frames on both the front and back of my car, i was like wtf. I called them back and asked them why the hell they did that...of course no response...i said now i have to take my time to remove them so they offered to take them off for me...woopee. Assholes. So i go in the garage to take them off and i pop the hood just to look at the brake fluid resevoir because I was told vocally as well as on the invoice that they bled the brake fluid to check for air on top of lookin at the master cylinder. Well, there's quite a bit of dust build up in my engine bay, i haven't cleaned it in a loong time, and to my surprise there isn't a single fingerprint on the brake fluid cap. Tomorrow I'm jackin up the car to look for proof of them bleeding the car(still trying to believe them) but if there's no proof of them touching the brake system I will call corporate and perhaps report this to the better business bureau. It is utterly ridiculous if no work is done on a RECALL of all things but they take time to put dealer plates on my car...wtf is wrong with toyota. I'll try to get picks up of the cap so you guys can see, and i'll post the pics of tomorrows inspection tomorrow. They think they're dealing with a monkey or something

Doc
12-20-2004, 05:43 AM
guys, i dont even think you'll believe me when I tell you what I found out when I picked up the car. I'll start with the little things, it took them 4 hours to give me a call back from the time of drop off. When i brought it home I realized that they had put dealer liscence plate frames on both the front and back of my car, i was like wtf. I called them back and asked them why the hell they did that...of course no response...i said now i have to take my time to remove them so they offered to take them off for me...woopee. Assholes. So i go in the garage to take them off and i pop the hood just to look at the brake fluid resevoir because I was told vocally as well as on the invoice that they bled the brake fluid to check for air on top of lookin at the master cylinder. Well, there's quite a bit of dust build up in my engine bay, i haven't cleaned it in a loong time, and to my surprise there isn't a single fingerprint on the brake fluid cap. Tomorrow I'm jackin up the car to look for proof of them bleeding the car(still trying to believe them) but if there's no proof of them touching the brake system I will call corporate and perhaps report this to the better business bureau. It is utterly ridiculous if no work is done on a RECALL of all things but they take time to put dealer plates on my car...wtf is wrong with toyota. I'll try to get picks up of the cap so you guys can see, and i'll post the pics of tomorrows inspection tomorrow. They think they're dealing with a monkey or something

definately take lots of pictures to prove you have a case. and if you do, make them sorry they ever met you. keep us updated.

There was a dealer in my old town who used to put their damned vinyl stickers on all the cars that passed through their doors. like 25 1/4 inch letters I had to peel off my parents car. :madfawk:

carlosfandango
12-20-2004, 05:59 AM
dude, i wouldnt even let my blood pressure get raised. just pootle along tomorow and speak to the dealership principal and explain your concerns. speaking to the man at the top always gets you noticed. he makes the moves and will sort everything out for you.

Arcias
12-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Yeah, you wouldn't believe the stuff that goes on at a Toyota dealership...I had a couple of friends who worked at one before doing detailing and lot work. They'd sleep in the vans when they got tired, not the new vans, but the vans that people bring in for service!

And the tint? More often than not, it's just black sharpie...

Mister2T
12-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Yeah, you wouldn't believe the stuff that goes on at a Toyota dealership...I had a couple of friends who worked at one before doing detailing and lot work. They'd sleep in the vans when they got tired, not the new vans, but the vans that people bring in for service!

And the tint? More often than not, it's just black sharpie...
LOL