PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Shops in Edmonton?

Arcias
08-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Man, every shop I've been to doesn't like working with anything aftermarket...

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for a shop to do a suspension install and maybe engine work later down the line.

celica83_gts
01-02-2006, 06:22 AM
Silverstone (Raymond) on 99 St. and 62 Ave. Apex (Travis) on Parsons Rd.

TEAMFaint
01-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Or if you feel like goin to Calgary there is
Speed Tech Racing Development (www.speedtechracing.com)
or
JDM Source (www.jdmsource.ca)

Both work on engines/swaps. and I believe they will tackle a suspension install as well, just email them and ask.

ChrisD
01-11-2006, 12:57 AM
Silverstone (Raymond) on 99 St. and 62 Ave. Apex (Travis) on Parsons Rd.

Raymond @ Silverstone rebuilt my engine once. It lasted 13,000km's before 3 of 4 pistons had severely cracked ring lands...he also built a friend's 185 engine...which also failed...I probably wouldnt go there again. But thats me! ;)

Hugo4
02-01-2006, 05:17 AM
Raymond @ Silverstone rebuilt my engine once. It lasted 13,000km's before 3 of 4 pistons had severely cracked ring lands...he also built a friend's 185 engine...which also failed...I probably wouldnt go there again. But thats me! ;)

I have read some bad reviews on him as well, search on 780tuners.com and you will find that he has made a few dissatisfied customers. Supposedly he is THE Toyota performance expert in Edmonton, but he has some pretty weak customer relations. I am going to ToyTech this week to have some minor work done, I'll ask some questions and poke around. They come highly recommended.

<OK, ToyTech is a decent shop, the guys know Toyotas and only charge 69 bucks/hr. for a shop rate. They seem to do mostly standard (stock) work, I tried to feel them out about other kinds of work and got nothing. Nice guys, though.>