PDA

View Full Version : Tranny in viscous free mode??

All4Traction
08-10-2005, 04:27 AM
Uh... i just noticed that my tranny is put in viscous free mode (bolt through center hole) Is there some reason that the person who had the car before me might have had it in this mode? Its been fine the whole time ive drivin it, would there be any reason not to put the bolt back in the top hole (viscous mode)??

Rick89GTS
08-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Put it back in the top hole (viscous mode) right away!!! :ugh:

The BGB says: [Quote]
Viscous Free Mode (middle hole)
This mode cuts off the driving force transmitted from the center differential to the control coupling, and makes the center differential free.
CAUTION: Never use this during normal driving. [End quote]

Go here for more info (click "description"):
http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/bgbonline/88alltrac/MT/MT.htm

All4Traction
08-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Ya, thats where i read it to begin with and it made me check. Then i found what i wasnt expecting.

All4Traction
08-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know exactly what this does? It sounds like it would put the tranny in neutral. It could be possible that somehow i am in the right mode, but the lever got moved? I guess find out which mode it is when i can get back to my car and shift the lever through the 3 options.

Rick89GTS
08-12-2005, 10:41 PM
AFAIK, it's to switch the car to 2WD mode for dyno or other testing.

All4Traction
08-14-2005, 07:21 AM
I know what fwd mode is for, but not sure about the non-viscous.
Well, i figured out my car is in the right mode, but for some reason, the shifter lever must have been taken off before and just not put back on the right way. All is fine though.

Rick89GTS
08-14-2005, 08:03 AM
^That's good to hear.