PDA

View Full Version : Stoked Out Mother Truckers!!

Dlux4life
12-15-2004, 05:51 AM
got more pics of the rebuild..mostly we put alot of stuff on making sure that we had everything..there are still alot of lines that need to be run, and a few bolts that need to be tapped out...sensors and stuff...things came together alot faster than i expected tonight with the help of Brad (http://www.snhrides.com/bradsmr2.htm) and his friend. Shelby was here again too!...After a long night shelby looks like he is really pissed off..and i look like i am about to crack the engine with a hammer...but we are more excited than anything else...seeing things come together tonight has really been a rewarding experience.

PICS (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2134032155&idx=2)

ID name = mr2owner01
Password = mr2owner ....if you dont have an imagestation accnt.

Dlux4life
12-17-2004, 09:21 PM
:confused: ...no responses?....im hurt...no input? :popcorn:

Mike431635
12-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Wow, the motor looks great! Very clean. I bet you can't wait to get that thing in there :)

Did you do any upgrades to the motor while you had it out?

Sean
12-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Yeah man, looks VERY clean! Theres nothing better then building something yourself, thats for sure!

Keep us updated man!

Dlux4life
12-18-2004, 06:37 AM
Nothing done this time around...my 5s that is in my car now died..so this needed to be built asap...that is actaully the most of the reason that i am building it myself..all the important things have been replaced and i have a stage 2 clutch to go in..that is it...but i am savin my old engine and making the hybrid 2.2 lt stroked combo with the 5s bottom...cusotm internals, and modded crank with a 3s head...so im psyched that i know how to make that now that i have built this..i cant wait to get it in!

Mike431635
12-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Wait up a second.. all you had to do is put the 5S crank in your 3S bottom end and get the correct rods and pistons, and you could've already had the stroker :( Did you already put new rods and pistons in the 3SGTE? If so, your money could've been better spent building the stroker in the first place. Sorry to let you know now rather than sooner, though.

Dlux4life
12-19-2004, 02:30 AM
Yea...i knew about it...the 3s that i am puttin in is all stock..i didnt get new rods or pistons...didnt hgave moneyf or that or the machine work that would need to be done on the crank. So that will happen next winter..along with cams, cam gears, injectors..among other things...basically..i am going to save up and build the hell out of my motor next year, now that i know how to do it!

Mister2T
12-19-2004, 03:16 AM
nice job, howd you learn to do it dlux4life?