PDA

View Full Version : rear swaybar link squeak

Rayme
08-07-2005, 05:27 AM
Since I lowered my car I hear a constant squeaking from the rear..since I got 4 new suspension arm I though its either from the trailing arms or the swaybar link.

I located the sound coming from the sway bar link of the left, I want to unscrew it and drive to hear if its the culprit. The sad thing is that again I cant but the bushings only, I need to buy the sway bar link(which is like a 3 inch part) for 50$ USD, wtf is that shit!? Is there a way to make your own bushing for that part?

bushing on both ends of part number 14
https://www.parts.com/schematics/images/mechanical/E801120.gif

anyone have idea of what to do without spending 80$ canadian for that piece of shit? If I need to get rid of that noise I'm reading to drive without that sway bar(or at least with the end wired somwhere instead of being connected to the strut...

:squint:

Galcobar
08-07-2005, 06:46 AM
The sway bar bushings are different from the end links. The bushings are an easy to replace item that costs $20 for the pair. The end links are more of an issue -- they're a bearing setup, the rubber visible is basically a dust boot.

Try disconnecting the sway bar brackets to see if the noise is still apparent. If it goes away, it's just worn rubber bushings.

The end links can be a problem to remove, but there are a few strategies. For cheaper, try 1sttoyotaparts.com. Shipping's only 10% of cost.

SilverCel
08-07-2005, 07:07 AM
my end links were f'in rusted to shit.

i had to saw them off.

well, using an angle grinder of course.

then came the new struts and the suspension techniques swaybar. lol

Rayme
08-09-2005, 01:07 AM
greattt, I just removed the sway bar link and the spherical bearing thing was almost seized, I sprayed some DW 40 and played with the joint with my vice grip until it moved more smoothly, and then filled the cracked booth with universal grease...made it silent for now !!!