PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Kenwood head unit owners.

VikingJZ
08-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Now, I probably should have posted this BEFORE purchasing, but oh well.

Here is the new head unit I have, and I was wondering how many people like Kenwood.

Brand: Kenwood
Power: Powered 4-Channel
Model: KDC-MP225
Format(s): CD, MP3, Satellite Radio - Sirius
Features: Built-In Equalizer, CD Changer Controls, Remote Control, Security Feature(s)

Anyone own a JVC before a Kenwood, like me?

TurboGTS22
08-03-2005, 06:37 PM
I like kenwood a lot!! I have a kenwood head unit that i bought brand new from best buy about 4 months ago and i think that it works really great!! I also have 2 kenwood 4" speakers in the front that right when i installed them, they made my music sound a lot clearer and more crisp.

VikingJZ
08-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah I listen to indie and metal. Hopefully this sounds well.

Slider
08-04-2005, 04:28 AM
Yea Kenwood is pretty good. Personally I like Eclipse, Alpine and Pioneer better than Kenwood. But they're all pretty good.

Fenix
08-05-2005, 03:37 PM
It's kenwood all the way as far as i'm consirned

RubberDuckie
08-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Kenwood is good, I had a KVT-911DVD (in dash touch creen dvd) and loved it. Kenwood is good quality

Sean
08-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Kenwood rocks.

My DDX7094 touch screen is phenominal

lavy_gts
08-06-2005, 12:35 AM
I have Kenwood

It was awsome for the first 2 years... now it wont play any mp3 cds, and only a limited selection of burnt cd's... Also I have to put them in 3 or 4 times before it works.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem without sending it back to the company/place of purchase.

I still love Kenwood though, I have Kenwood amp and speakers

RickyNo
08-06-2005, 01:58 AM
Panasonic >*kenwood. :P

RubberDuckie
08-06-2005, 07:49 PM
:ugh:

dan93st
08-09-2005, 10:49 PM
My Kenwood deck worked great for about 2 years. Then it would randomly start overheating for no apparent reason, even at moderate volumes. I took it out, dusted it, put it back in...no difference. Just to give you an idea of how much it was overheating, I've had it "erase" some burnt CDs by getting them too hot. When it would overheat, I'd eject the CD and I'd have to wait about a minute before touching the CD and pulling it out. Now it's replaced with an Alpine, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Alpine won't also crap out down the road.

VikingJZ
08-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Lavy, you may want to try and use a cd player lens cleaner. I know you can get them at Radio Shack, Wal Mart...places like that. If not, it may be the lens in need of replacement. Depending on the cost, you may just have to get a new radio.

I like mine, though. :D

I need more bass.

urban_legend
09-06-2005, 05:51 PM
got a Kenwood Excelon deck last year around november it kicks ass with all the options to adjust your sound would be greater if it had exact equalizer settings but it still rocks, great clarity and power for $230 i got the 579 model...seeking a excelon amp and gettin the new 25th kenwood subs soon....

Blackcloud
09-10-2005, 12:56 AM

:ugh:

Eclipse > *

Doctor Jinxed
09-14-2005, 02:44 AM
Kenwood is kenGOOD. hurr hurr hurrr.

I love my head unit, despite the fact that it's old as dirt, it pushes my speakers hard.

The_Patrickster
09-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Im thinking about installing Kenwood decks and the lot, whats everyones opinion of Kenwood quality wise?

Slider
09-26-2005, 08:44 PM
People had, problems with the older kenwood models, ones with the motorized face plates. But I think the new ones are fine.

Quality wise I'd rank cd players like this

1. Eclipse
2. Pioneer
3. Alpine
4. Kenwood

chinaonnitrous1
09-26-2005, 10:16 PM
I usually hate most kenwood user interfaces, theyre not the easiest, also suffer from cluttered Displays. But theyre great products.

The_Patrickster
01-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Hmm well thats alright then, but I ended up getting a Pioneer deck, with 6inches at the front and 6x9's for the back, does the trick for now, sounds great, but i'll add stuff over time to improve it. And the best thing is, is that i have connections and I got all this stuff heavily discounted ;)

GETRDONE
01-16-2006, 01:00 AM
eclispe = e-skips
seriously, eclipe's are terrible if you've lowered your car, or drive on excessively bumpy roads....my kenwood has skipped once, ever...and im riding on a 2" drop with eibachs

Punisher
01-22-2006, 10:46 AM
I have Kenwood

It was awsome for the first 2 years... now it wont play any mp3 cds, and only a limited selection of burnt cd's... Also I have to put them in 3 or 4 times before it works.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem without sending it back to the company/place of purchase.

I still love Kenwood though, I have Kenwood amp and speakers

I have the same issue.. it's flakey.. always gives me this fricken error then.... It's weird.. I tried lens cleaners.. I don't know. I just found the manual for it so I'm gonna look it up see what I can find.

once the CD is in and works.. as long as I don't remove it.. it'll continue to work whenever i try it..

I'm sick of hearing people say "eclipse" too.. their shit is MAD expensive. That's like.. Chevy.. or Rolls Royce? Which is the average person with average needs going to own?

I should note that other than the CD issue.. I absolutely LOVE my kenwood, and would purchase again. A friend bought an Alpine.. gave all kinds of trouble.. returned it a few days later and he listened to me.. bought a kenwood and absolutely loves it.