PDA

View Full Version : Neon SRT 4 VS V6 Camry

urban_legend
08-03-2005, 04:31 PM
For any of you who know where Augusta Georgia is that is where i go to school, we have just recently started a car club, Hence the name urban_legend and one of our biggest rivals in town is Team J Spec, for japanese spec cars, I attend augusta tech and one day on my hour long journey to the house after i left school, this neon pulled up next to me on The express way, at first i payed no attention for i was in no mood to race it was hot and i was sweaty, he got a little ahead of me and i noticed the his back glass had J SPEC written on it, i caught back up to him and stayed with him for a few minutes then waved goodbye and stomped the gas, almost instantly he was a car length behind me and falling, switching lanes and using an exit lane to get by to MAC trucks i had him by at least 1/8 of a mile due to him getting stuck in traffic, so i felt pretty confident, stopped at the next avaiable red light and some how he got by everybody and lined up next to me. those cars are quick on take off, he was by me at least 1 car length, around 60 i started gaining on him and by 80 i was next to him we stayed right side by side to the next light, he went his way and i went mine. i figured my stock V6 with absoultley nothing but a kick A@@ radio in it racing a turbo charged SRT 4 and not losing i done pretty good except on take off.

Snafu
08-03-2005, 06:09 PM
So.. basically you're telling us that you're in a wicked-awesome car club, and your rivals are called Team J Spec. You're proud that you beat an SRT4 because it got caught in traffic. Good story!!!

Colossus20v
08-03-2005, 06:36 PM
FLAME ON! Do you have anything done to your v6 camry? Sounds like you had a wonderful and enjoyable adventure with your rival.

Playfortoday
08-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Motion to allow flaming in lame street racing posts. (j/k:D) Actually, getting stuck in traffic does not count as a win. If anything, racing in traffic is a sin. A little rhyme from Grand-Masta Play.

Galcobar
08-03-2005, 08:07 PM
"lame street racing" posts -- isn't that repetitive, rather like (to paraphrase Mark Twain) saying "idiotic congressman?"

Playfortoday
08-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Some are good when real shame is brought to a ricer via folley. Losses of ricers do not qualify as good street racing stories.

Examples of good street racing stories:
"...yeah, and when he hit his NAWS button, his piston blew a hole threw the top of his hood and took out a street light."

"I was minding my own business, when this dude is a supercharged camaro revved on me. I am happy to say that my swapped celica took him by 4 car lengths after about 4/10ths of a mile."

"My 90 Celica ST wasted an Integra Type R. The torque rocks on the 4afe."

Examples of bad street racing stories:
"I was racing this guy in heavy traffic and a totally killed him when he got stuck behind a semi-truck after a dangerously passed on the shoulder and cause a minivan full of soccer player kids and their mom to swerve to avoid me causing then van to roll and eject two of the kids out the window where they were crushed to death by the rolling van."

"My stock [insert non-modified economy car here] totally demolished an Acura Integra LS in a residential neighborhood. Man, you should have seen his face when I blew through that stop sign and blew over an old lady crossing the street with a walker. What a bitch! LOLZERZ."

3SGEnuine
08-04-2005, 07:29 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

Play, that is just AWESOME!!! :lolhittin

85gtsblackman
08-05-2005, 05:38 AM
yall just hate-n cause he got a camry

go camry

(looks out window, sees a bajillion camrys go by, and all the 92-96 ones are dark green)

Murgatroy
08-05-2005, 02:44 PM
If your arch Rivals are called Team J Spec cause it is for Japan Spec cars...

... what is a Neon doing in it?

Arcias
08-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Maybe he put a "Made in Japan" sticker on it. :hehe:

urban_legend
08-06-2005, 07:09 PM
dont hate on the v6 its all stock absoultley nothing done to it, yea sure street racing is dangerous and yea to some stupid but oh what fun we have doing it, your supposed to watch traffic if your just watching the road what are you supposed to do when somebody hits the brakes my thing i wasnt on suburban roads in a rural area, it was like the interstate except speed limit is 55, how many wrecks do you see on the interstate for people going fast, very few now how many for people going slow, more than i got fingers and toes, just pay attention to what your doing where your driving and everybody around you and think like they will and you ahoul be alright

urban_legend
08-06-2005, 07:12 PM
and for the J Spec thing i dunno, they have like 3 or 4 japanese cars a Mitsu Galant, Eclipse, and an Acura, 2 Neons 1 is SRT 4, and i think 1 Honda, a mustang, camaro, and some kinda other dodge.

fiveSFE
08-06-2005, 08:21 PM
those srt4's are quick as hell, ive lost to 2 of them so far, and they were both competly stock, i thiink the only reason you did so good against him was becasue it was a hot day as you said in your post. the two that i raced were both at night, and i bet if you caught him at night he would of walked on you like crazy, but nice kill anyways.

burnyd
08-08-2005, 12:15 AM
I dont think he was trying to hard.... Im not going to hate on the speedy v6 camry.. Ive driven an avalon with the same motor but I dont know about an srt neon staying neck to neck with a camry.... I thought those things ran low 14s or high 13s or something close to that. there rediculously fast for a neon

xeril
08-08-2005, 05:48 AM
ehhh, i really doubt. really REALLY doubt. i work for toyota as a valet. i've driven many a camry/camry v6. we also had a trade in srt-4 that i drove. no comparison, the srt-4 was WAY quicker. unless the guy you were racing had a stuck open wastegate, i doubt you would've won. no offence, big difference between the two.

fiveSFE
08-08-2005, 10:32 AM
ehhh, i really doubt. really REALLY doubt. i work for toyota as a valet. i've driven many a camry/camry v6. we also had a trade in srt-4 that i drove. no comparison, the srt-4 was WAY quicker. unless the guy you were racing had a stuck open wastegate, i doubt you would've won. no offence, big difference between the two.

some cars have their bad days though, the srt must of been runnign really bad or something, but it is possible.

gt4wannabe
08-11-2005, 12:35 AM
ahhhaaha sorry i totally enjoy the story of the kill but what bothers me is "TEAM J-SPEC" yet it's a domestic and futher more they have a mustang and more neons... sounds like it they don't belong in team J-SPEC. lol.

bloodredgt
08-15-2005, 09:53 PM
i'm wondering what cars you have on your racing team... since we know the opposition.

urban_legend
08-18-2005, 07:18 PM
got my camry, 2 civics, dodge intrepid, 2 accords, 2 explorer sports, 1 eddie bauer edition explorer, a mazda 6, acura integra, 2 dodge neons...thats the only thing about our car club thats unique i think, we didnt make it just imports or domestic vehicles, really its most anything, as long as your willing to dedicate your time to the club and have plans on workin on your car in the future, (engine, rims, interior, exterior, etc..) then were not to picky, go to the drag strip every now and then just to race with each other, nobody in the club has a 10 or 12 sec car or nothing, just something for show and fun really.

ocb_dave_ocb
08-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Sounds to me something straight out of Midnight Club 3...............LOL
Just playin, but personally i think racing on the streets is RIDICULOUS any way..........
And as for clubs, i just dont know about them they just aren't my FORTE

Galcobar................ what you were refering to earlier I think its called and OXIMORON... you know like Smart-Blonde, or stupid-Genius..etc....

urban_legend
08-18-2005, 07:46 PM
we as a club rarely race on the streets, me indivdually, is another story, i do go looking to race but dont let anybody try me either, id rather take it to a strip you still get to keep your license there, and if i do street race its like on the expressway or I20 or something where there are no dogs cats or people crossin the street, i take it out of town usually if i can...

check out the site still under construction majorly but its up at least....
www.geocities.com/urban_legendz05/

ocb_dave_ocb
08-18-2005, 07:47 PM
You wanna come up to TN and race?

AllOutRed90
08-18-2005, 08:34 PM
race the tracker? haha

MoralWarfare
08-19-2005, 04:41 AM
wow, this dude is pathetic.

ocb_dave_ocb
08-19-2005, 04:48 AM
race the tracker? haha

helllls ya..........NO im jk.... But he wants to race everything so he could bring his car up here and i will take the tracker and we will race to the top of the mountain.. Up the loggin trail...............HAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Murgatroy
08-19-2005, 11:38 AM
wow, this dude is pathetic.
:stupid:

urban_legend
08-19-2005, 05:56 PM
lol im pathetic, all cool different strokes different folks, i do what i like you do what you like but if i come all the way to tenn then im gonna bring a truck to race your tracker use a lil common sense here buddy bring your tracker here and race me on the freeway either way its a win lose situation for either of us so why do you gotta hate on me....

urban_legend
08-19-2005, 05:58 PM
ohh and that where it says i do go looking for a race is supposed to be dont....typographical error...

ocb_dave_ocb
08-19-2005, 07:42 PM
lol im pathetic, all cool different strokes different folks, i do what i like you do what you like but if i come all the way to tenn then im gonna bring a truck to race your tracker use a lil common sense here buddy bring your tracker here and race me on the freeway either way its a win lose situation for either of us so why do you gotta hate on me....

well see if you bring a truck to TN that fair... But If i come all the way down there im bringin a built 427 camaro....So alls fair in love and war

Murgatroy
08-20-2005, 12:13 AM
:hehe:

E-Thugging and Benchracing don't get it done. Talk all you want, but I don't believe jack shit till I see a time slip, that is the only way I accept drag racing. If you do it on the street, with no exception, need your car taken away from you as you don't deserve it. If you are ignorant enough to endanger your life and the lives of others with no regard beyond trying to feed your testosterone and ego, you sir, are a moron.

That is all I have to say about it, I also motion that ALL threads involving street racing in the DRAG RACING forum be deleted by mods. I don't think this is the kind of attitude we need to be embracing and supporting. Not only is it idiotic, it is illegal.

urban_legend
08-20-2005, 01:31 AM
lol again i must laugh at you, you race at the strip and i race on the street, i have taken my car to the strip a few times but nothing major just take it up there to play around, to me its not about winning or losing its all in the fun of it, if i win then hey guess what you need to work on you car some more and if you do then i need to work on mine, maybe one day after all of my extensive year long labor ill have my celica back on the road and may make a trip to tennesse just to meet you and race our cars on the strip together, all in all i could care less if you win, its the thrill of it for me, until then stick to your racing and i will stick to mine just dont criticize me for it cause i can sit here and criticize you by saying just racing on the strip is boring all you do is mash the gas and change the gears, and hold her straight forever how long it takes you to cross that line, but im not that type of person, therefore just hush about deleting forums, let people tell their stories, and get along in life it wont kill you i promise...

Murgatroy
08-20-2005, 01:52 AM
Oh you are fucking retarded. I really try not to resort to flaming in threads, but this openly warrants it.

I race on the track because that is where it belongs. I don't just drag race, I also rally, oval and autox. Your argument is so flawed that I am not going ot botherto pick it apart beyond saying that not only is it illegal, it is foolishly endangering other ppl's lives. If you think otherwise you are even more fucking ignorant than I had imagined.

Again I ask that threads of this type be deleted, even if it curbs the flow to this forum and makes it as dead as the one right above it, that is something we should be willing to accept as a community. Street Racing is illegal and dangerous and as long as we give ppl someplace to boast about we are only one step shy of supporting it. As a community we need to move away from this mentality.

Arcias
08-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Just thought I'd throw in my $0.02...

As a community of car enthusiasts, there's probably been a time when we've all been tempted to do a run from a light. Most of us have probably given into that temptation. Is it just harmless fun?

There are speed limits for a reason. No matter how stupid we think they are. I get pissed off sometimes at a 50km/h zone that has so little traffic that everyone goes 70km/h, so why is it a 50 zone? Pedestrians. There are houses close to the streets and crosswalks at every second block, not to mention blind corners every where. Imagine street racing, having a ball, going 100km/h in that area. Some kids, coming home from a house party or whatever are crossing the road at one of those blind corners. You see them. You see the flashing pedestrian lights. You slam on the brakes. But guess what? It's a tad late and you just killed someone. Was it worth it?

No matter how much attention you pay, even out in rural areas, there's always a chance of an accident. I was paying attention in my first crash. I was going 20km/h down a hill. Wet snow was falling and freezing to the ground. I hit a patch of ice and slid. I was inexperienced at the time, and instead of easing on the brakes and correcting slowly, I slammed on the brakes, which caused me to hit the car in the right lane. At the time, I didn't even have the experience to control at car at 20km/h in the snow. I shouldn't have been driving, or I should've taken a different route, or I should've gone even slower.

Are you a professional race car driver? Do you have the experience to control a car at race speeds? And more importantly, is that one minute adrenaline rush important enough to risk not just your life, but the lives of other people for?

This is why street racing is illegal. If you want to race, do it on the track, where if you mess up, innocents won't die, and there are experienced people there to help you get better. If you mess up a launch from a light, are you going to know how to do it better? Would you even know you messed it up? If you want to race, do everyone a favor and take it to the track.

Snafu
08-21-2005, 06:34 AM
:givafuck:

What is that really going to do/prove?

You were not in control of your car, so you shouldn't be on the road in the first place. You were not experienced enough, you should have been more careful. That being said, so you think that professional drivers never get in accidents? :ugh: :ugh:

If this forum bans street racings, good bye drag racing forums. Nobody here every goes to the track, so what's the point then?

Sean
08-22-2005, 06:55 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9134&page=2&pp=20

Continue your argument's there please.

Thread closed due to a variety of reason's, PM me if your curious.