PDA

View Full Version : Goin' Campin'

Arcias
07-28-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm planning on taking a week off and heading off into the mountains late August. What're some places I should stop by?

I'm definately going to Banff and Jasper and I guess I'll drop by Calgary to resupply. Any places worth visiting along the way?

trdcelica90
07-30-2005, 09:57 PM
I personally liked Rafter 6 Ranch ..
http://www.raftersix.com/
^ thers some homestead place just a mile or 2 down the road if its all booked up or if they dont allow pitching tents anymore.

Theres also some little bar in the middle of nowhere, i cant remember exactly its name but it was the only liscenced bar at the time as far as i knew that kids could be around, they had horseback riding and a campground not far atall, old coal mine was in the area aswell but its name/location escapes me, i know not much help but if anyone here knows what im talking about .. but its the coolest little place ive been to in AB other than the WEM

but forget that just come to WPG - lotsa hot muggy weather, cruise nite every nite and guaranteed 400 cops out on sunday nite to pull u over for any reason they choose, and total of 14% taxes on evrything lol