PDA

View Full Version : "?" 's for the 6gc folks

cgtDream
07-25-2005, 11:06 AM
Hey all whats up. Well i have a toyota curren, and obviously i know that there are some design similarites btw it, and the 6th gen celicas. Anywho, im trying to shop for some tires online, and im just wondering if there is a version of the 6gc, that i could "shop off of" in other words, is there a version of the celica that i could use to compare parts off of, in order to order parts ( more specifaclly wheels/tires) for my curren.........dont know if i got that all out right, but any help will be appreciated. Right now my guess is the 94-96 st-model celicas. If yall need anymore info, ill post it up asap, but thanks again. peace,

presure2
07-25-2005, 11:21 AM
yes, the celica st/gt is the same chassis design other than headlights, so you an use that to shop for wheels.
good luck on your search.

cgtDream
07-25-2005, 12:41 PM
ok then cool.........st/gt/curren=same.........but i thought that some 6gc's used super strut supension. my car has the mcpherson. Would that matter (in the case of trying to buy springs and struts etc.) Also, are the mcpherson and super strut the same thing, with diffrent names, or are there actually diffrences.....??? oh and by the way nice car.

G-man
07-25-2005, 03:23 PM
ok then cool.........st/gt/curren=same.........but i thought that some 6gc's used super strut supension. my car has the mcpherson. Would that matter (in the case of trying to buy springs and struts etc.) Also, are the mcpherson and super strut the same thing, with diffrent names, or are there actually diffrences.....??? oh and by the way nice car.

The GT4 and some SS-III's had the superstrut. They are not the same as the suspension components on the ST/GT/SS-I 6gc's. Good luck.

presure2
07-25-2005, 03:24 PM
there are diffrences between the superstrut and mcpherson. easier and cheaper for the mcpherson setup.
thanks for the comment, upload some pics of yours so we can see!
we dont have any current curren owners here i think.
welcome aboard! :bigthumbu

G-man
07-25-2005, 04:40 PM
there are diffrences between the superstrut and mcpherson.

Manny, didn't I just say that? :hehe: BTW, I read your post on mr2oc.com the other day that said you were in an accident? Is everyone ok? Hows the car?

- Jay

presure2
07-25-2005, 06:42 PM
yea jay, looks like we were posting at the same time...i didnt saee your post....yea i got in a minor fender bender...nothing serious, no injuries, just my pride, and the bumper lh fender, and lh lights...lol :slap:

G-man
07-25-2005, 07:39 PM
yea jay, looks like we were posting at the same time...i didnt saee your post....yea i got in a minor fender bender...nothing serious, no injuries, just my pride, and the bumper lh fender, and lh lights...lol :slap:

Glad it wasn't serious. I actually saw that our posts were a minute apart so I was just bustin' your chops.... :bigthumbu

jason325ise
07-25-2005, 09:14 PM
hi G-man i have SS11 and it has superstrut (lucky i guess....) it has McPherson strut (leg with shock and spring combined) the extra is 2 bottom ball joint's and cpl extra control arm's and linkage's to make it more rigid ...correct me if wrong though ?
....so cgt-dream not recomended to swap unless you want pointless expense !!! wont be going quick enough to notice any real advantage

cheers jas