PDA

View Full Version : Car stinks!

Akimbo
12-14-2004, 03:36 AM
The inside of my car smells like old fast food even though there's nothing in it! What do you guys use to keep it smelling good. I have this new car smell spray stuff but it doesn't seem to last at all. Suggestions?

Blackcloud
12-14-2004, 06:02 AM
shampoo your carpets

david in germany
12-14-2004, 10:54 AM
The inside of my car smells like old fast food even though there's nothing in it! What do you guys use to keep it smelling good. I have this new car smell spray stuff but it doesn't seem to last at all. Suggestions?
Check between your seats for french fries!
lol
David

carlosfandango
12-14-2004, 07:16 PM
The best way to neutralise odours in the car.

Go to a supplier of Contract Cleaning/Janitorial supplies and buy a bottle of odour neutraliser, this normaly is placed in a fogging machine to neutralise environments with smoke damages, or perhaps a badly smelling room where someone has died and wasnt found til the body literally burst - smelly stuff (dead bodies, not the neutraliser). this can be mixed with water in a spray bottle and will treat all the interior.

make sure you leave the windows open for a couple of hours - DO not drive the vehicle til it has dried and the odour of the chemical spray isnt irritating your eyes or throat.

eventualy, the sweet smell of the chemical will go away but the nasty smell will not return.

it can also be added to the water when shampooing the interior.

normaly, this stuff is not available on the shelves in shops. If the guy you buy it from asks what you will be using it for, just tell him you are a carpet cleaning guy and its to treat a carpet. if you tell him its just for yourself he may not sell it as there are health and safety issues involved. be sure not to breath in the mist and wash your hands, even better wear gloves.

If you do try this approach, let me know how you get on..

but first, take the back seat out and look for a rotten banana or something like that.

fiveSFE
12-14-2004, 11:40 PM
stop farting in ur car

Colossus20v
12-15-2004, 02:03 AM
I would steam the carpets. Most of the commercial steam vacs have attachments to do furniture and stuff. Just use that in your car. There are chemicals to add in and make everything smell good. I would also do an extensive cleaning since you eat in your car. There are so many places for food to get stuck and begin to smell.

imac
12-15-2004, 04:01 AM
a good cleaning would sure help, but for me those christmas tree air fresheners work great believe it or not. they even got rid of the paint-like smell from when i dyed my seats.

convertiblechick
12-15-2004, 06:38 AM
Get some new fast food to mask the smell
Baking soda gets rid of odors try putting an open box in the car

GT4SOM
12-16-2004, 04:10 AM
Well if you smell something like fish it could possibly be your heater core. It might be leaking antifreeze into the cabin. Check your carpets if they are moist.

Akimbo
12-16-2004, 05:23 AM
nah its not that. that happened in our old grand am...

ChewDogg
12-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Place a bar of soap under the seat. My aunt taught me that.

85gtsblackman
12-16-2004, 07:44 PM
ive also heard to put a strong cented candel under your seat

what my friend did was he had a small wooden box and he drilled holes in the top of it, and cut up the candel he had and put it in there. Now his car always smells like vanilla

TRDmkII
12-17-2004, 04:02 AM
i always use vanillaroma the yellow christmas tree shaped air freshner, i need to clean my carpets but requires work...like removing seats and stuff....i want to replace mine.

gt_turbo
12-17-2004, 04:30 AM
the old owner in my car smoked like crazy.... damn my car gave me headaches... smelled like a musty ass bum. but anyhow i got a airfreshner and shampooed my seats and it smells better now.

MoralWarfare
12-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Akimbo, have you gotten rid of that smell yet?

Luni
12-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Akimbo, have you gotten rid of that smell yet?
NOBODY could get rid of that Akimbo smell :hehe:

JK MANG!!

MoralWarfare
12-18-2004, 05:43 PM
NOBODY could get rid of that Akimbo smell :hehe:

JK MANG!!
:laugh:

Akimbo
12-18-2004, 08:35 PM
funny funny. I haven't had a lot of time to try. we got the grand am fixed so I think I'll be driving that this winter anyway. I may just put some soap or a candle in there though while she's garaged that way come spring time it smells zestfully clean.

carlosfandango
12-20-2004, 02:11 AM
soap or a candle? wtf. lol. bicarbonate soda in a bowl left in the car should do the trick if its gonna stand.