PDA

View Full Version : Missing Sensor??

1992-ST
07-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Ok, here's the deal: I bought my Celi from a friend who had recently had a new engine put into it... whoever put it in was an idiot and forgot to reconnect one of the sensors. This I found out from the original owner. Problem - no one knows which sensor it is... (Can't track down the guys who did it)

Now, is there any way of telling what sensor it is without paying for a full-out diagnostic? Symptoms are lessened fuel economy, lower power, and higher idle (than stock specs). Also, I'm getting a code 51 out of the computer.

I thought that I could narrow it down to the TPS - judging from the code - but when I checked, it was hooked up. Any ideas?

RickyNo
07-19-2005, 02:31 AM
is the new engine a 4A-FE too?
If so, it can be:
- A/C switch circuit
- TPS IDL circuit
- Neutral start switch
- Accel pedal/cable
- ECU

1992-ST
07-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Yeah, it's the 4A-FE. I'm also having issues with my A/C blowing hot, could these be related problems?

RickyNo
07-19-2005, 02:57 AM
yep, check that out. :)

Also, about your sensor, can you take a pic or describe it, maybe we could help. Maybe the air intake sensor, if it has a non-stock intake. :shrug:

alltracman78
07-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Yeah, post a pic of it, so we can see where it is.

1992-ST
07-20-2005, 04:02 AM
problem with the sensor is that I don't know what is missing (if anything)... really I just need to figure out what sensors would create subtle problems without setting off the CEL.