PDA

View Full Version : So I finally did it ...

Rayme
07-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Studies finally paying off, got a good job at a good rate(for summer at least).

Got my first checque, head to toyota

orders 4 new rear suspension arms and all the misc bolts in that area.

I was just tired of that neverending rumbling in the back...I guess it was also time as I could move the wheel about 1mm sideways and got sqweaks anytimes.

Good investment along with my lowering springs and the new strut of 2 years ago, brand new suspension :) :bigthumbu

TEAMFaint
07-18-2005, 11:12 PM
So what did the total cost come to? I'm thinking about doing the same thing one of these days. And now since I need new rotots I'll be getting my whole brakes/suspension done @ the same time. What were all the parts needed?

RickyNo
07-18-2005, 11:33 PM
Congrats for the new job. :D

I also need to buy those arms this or next week.
Based on the 4th pic down on this thread: http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8129
I assume you bought Left and right for:
- No1 Arm
- No2 Arm
- Toe Adjusting Cam + Plate + bolts
- other bolts holding the arms

Right?
Since you live in Canada, it'd give me a good idea on the price.
How much did you pay and can i expect to? :)

Rayme
07-19-2005, 01:43 AM
I dont know the cost , I didnt want to know it lol,
I expect to pay nearly 700-800 total...I know each arms are around 130$...

I bought the long bolts connecting the arms to the hub, and the bushings. the mechanic came and help to point what would be needed, its mostly that and 1 or 2 other lil bolts in the middle.

Btw I only replace 3 arms I replaced one 2 years ago..it was making an awefule noise.

It's usually a quick procedure, rmove tires, jack car, unbolt both ends and jsute put it back together, bu last time they had a hell of a hard time removing the inner bolts, they were seized bad, now I hope they only have hard time on the other side this time :)

RickyNo
07-19-2005, 02:43 AM
i'm jacking the car tomorrow to determine precisely if i need to change all 4. A Toy mech told me, last summer, that my right ones were changed not very long ago. I know the rear left one is really loose. Also gonna check for ball joints in front, just in case. Also have a front bearing to do, wonder if i should do both, as the truck is not sold yet and i'm short changed. :(