PDA

View Full Version : Doing the front drivers side wheel bearing tomorrow 92' Any Tips?

SilverCel
12-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Doing the wheel bearing on my front drivers side tomorrow in my 92' GT. Any tips? I have the wheel bearing and both new seals.

Schmleff
12-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Ya,

Your going to need a small puller and possibly some heat to get the race off of the hub. You will need a press to get the main race out of its home.

You might need a ball joint tool too. I giant breaker bar will come in handy. You will need a 30mm fairly deep well socket for the axle nut. If you don't have one, don't waste your money on an expensive metric one. 1 3/16 is only a few thousandths off of 30 mil and can be much cheaper.

Rick89GTS
12-15-2004, 04:11 AM
......You will need a 30mm fairly deep well socket for the axle nut. If you don't have one, don't waste your money on an expensive metric one. 1 3/16 is only a few thousandths off of 30 mil and can be much cheaper.

A metric 30mm deep axle socket can be had for $5.00
Get one, you'll use it more than once, it's cheap and you'll have to apply a fair amount of force to get the nut loose so you don't want to strip it.

I removed my hub and took it to a shop to get it pressed in and out. Should be a nominal fee of about $40 or less.