PDA

View Full Version : wiring harness questions

burnyd
07-14-2005, 06:36 AM
I have a 90 gts..... About last year around this time I put a new battery in. Drove for about 5 mins and the car caught on fire. I just decided that im going to be fixing up the celi now. I decided im going to have to get a new engine harness. Atleast thats what I think is the problem. It starts and runs fine. But the alternator does not recharge the battery. I tried a new alternator and a new battery still no luck. The haynes manual said I should get new terminals. Tried still nowhere. I went through 2 batteries at advance just testing things out. Still no luck. So I guess its the wiring harness. Now I can get a 97 camry 5sfe harness for real cheep but Im not sure if the actual harness would work on my vehicle? If anyone could shed some light on that , that would be great. Also if anyone knows the best place to purchase a harness let me know....... thanks.....

CelicaGT4
07-14-2005, 10:17 AM
The camry harness will not work with the 90 5sfe ecu. It will but custom wiring will be needed. The plugs in the ECU won't fit with the plugs in the harness.

COLDAX
07-14-2005, 01:25 PM
You could try a Toyota dealer, or a junk yard, or the internet (there are a few nationwide junk yard sites), or the buying/selling section of this site. People are always parting out their cars.

burnyd
07-14-2005, 03:26 PM
just called toyota they want $600 which is kind of steep..... yah that would be nice to find someone who is parting out a 5th gen celi.

gt4wannabe
07-14-2005, 04:50 PM
just loook for a couple of celica owners who have done their 3sgte swaps ask them if they still got the 5sfe wiring harness anywhere. As for me i will be doing my 3sgte swap in August but i dont think u want to wait that long just for the wiring harness so like i said just ask around.

COLDAX
07-14-2005, 05:34 PM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7924

parting out a 90 GTS...

burnyd
07-14-2005, 07:51 PM
thanks coldax....