PDA

View Full Version : 92 GTS VS 1st Gen DSM (Talon n/a)

TEAMFaint
07-12-2005, 05:38 AM
Before I start, I know there are always people saying "you are endangering other people" and that sort of stuff, but just to let you know, this was no where even close to endangering someone, it was on a quiet street over a bridge with no sidewalk so no worries :D

I was cruising up back to a party with two of my buddies and I stopped beside a 1st gen Eagle Talon. Just so happens that it is some kid younger than me at my high school who has been talkin shit about my car and how his Talon has "more balls" :laugh:

My friend in the front passenger and just looked at me and asked "are we gonna have a little show?" I just responded by looking at the other driver and then staring at the street light.

Sounded like he was reving at about 3K and I started to rev at about 1.5, light turned green and off we went..

Off the line I had him by half a car length, shifted into 2nd gear and had him by a car length, shifted into 3rd gear at 80 km/h and had about 4 car lengths.

It was at this time I did the good old turn on the hazards ricer fly by :laugh:

Now I know a 1st gen DSM n/a is no kill to be bragging about, but I just love how everyone under-estimates the power of the 5sfe and then end up getting their asses handed to em:)

CLIFFNOTES: Stopped at set of lights. Looked at younger cockier driver from school. Beat him with a heavier car + more passengers. Final result = 5th gen Celica's are still my #1 favorite favorite vehicle :D

RickyNo
07-12-2005, 05:50 AM
I agree, gotta learn how to drive it. ;)

*nobody go tell me "this is like me but now you..." it's not the same "environment"...there are times and places. :hehe:

fiveSFE
07-28-2005, 08:45 PM
i got my ass handed to me a while ago when i had my celica, it had 4 people in my car 2 where girls which made the loss a lil bit worse, and the talon was full of people also, it was the slowest race ever, he barely got me.

so ima say nice kill.

VikingJZ
08-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Now here is one not to brag about, but I'll tell you about it anyway. I owned a 2005 Focus ZX4 ST (2.3 Duratec) today on my way to my doctor's appointment. We were already on the highway and he kept getting on my side. The next stop sign there wasn't an oncoming car, so he pulled up next to me an off we went.

The blue oval just kept getting smaller and smaller....