PDA

View Full Version : EOI: Official Group A bumper and front support

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
12-13-2004, 07:03 AM
This is a feeler, due to lack of funds, i might need to sell this off.

Whats included?
Group A Bumper (Super Red) - Has a slight crack but easily fixed by a pro
All Grill's -some slightly bent, but fixable
Group A Support - lighter then the GT4 front support, also designed for the front bar
All required screws

Don't waste my time with stupid bids, post them up in here. Do not PM me. I have a price in mind, and if it comes up, ill let it go.

PS: For those that are interested, ill be replacing it with a firbeglass (ooops)front bar of some degree.

EDIT: Picture

http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/For%20Sale/bumper1.JPG Thats the major crack, it goes all the way thru, and can easily be plastic welded.
Also, the entire front undergaurd has various road scratches and stuff, expected for a front bar unfortionately.

http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/For%20Sale/bumper2.JPG The front bar, from a distance it isn't obvious.

islade
12-14-2004, 02:07 AM
I'm interested because my car is red. Can you show me pictures of all the damage, either here or Email me. Where abouts are you located at? Is the crack noticeable? Thanks

email address removed at users request. ronin.

ROME
12-14-2004, 05:56 AM
Even though mine is black I'm interested cos I like BIG INTERCOOLERS :D and I plan on a full respray early next year.

What is a Group A front bar worth anyway? I wouldn't know where to start bidding without ripping myself off or low balling you.

Classique71
12-14-2004, 08:11 AM
i could tell you - but yeah - ill tell lance what i payed first :)

i thought you were staying stock " anti group a bumper " boy ;)

Seeing my mightybling intercooler change you to the dark siide ?

heh - if you want to go frontmount - ill have that jig made up soon to show you how to do the piping

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
12-14-2004, 09:04 AM
Pictures are up, have a look.

Stu, talk to me on IRC.

islade
12-15-2004, 02:51 AM
$150 pickup.

ROME
12-15-2004, 04:30 AM
Hmm, a little bit to much damage for me.. As Classique has stated I'm a bit of an ani-group A buy anyway. I was just thinking of bling facter with a nice big out in the open FMI. I would even think about cutting out the middle bar for extra show. LOL

I'll pass though. I'll spend that money on water injection and a boost controller.

Next year: FMI 'Wyldie style'

Classique71
12-15-2004, 06:08 AM
isolde - $150 dollars wouldnt even buy you the genuine mesh pieces lance has on that bumper - dont insult the guy - please ..

Lance - looking for you on IRC atm mate - hopefully your on soon

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
12-15-2004, 07:01 AM
isolde - $150 dollars wouldnt even buy you the genuine mesh pieces lance has on that bumper - dont insult the guy - please ..

Lance - looking for you on IRC atm mate - hopefully your on soon

Thankyou for pointing that low bid out stu. The bumper maybe damaged, but i could get close to 2.5 that if i put it up on toymods or ebay. Since the support and the genuine grills cost a bundle.

Must have missed you on IRC. Ill catchyou on next time.

Keyroo
12-15-2004, 08:21 AM
mmm iwoudl'nt go too mental, i've seen those things sold in perfect nick for 250 300, not saying u shoud'nt ask for more man, by all means the fuckers are rare get what u can for it, but it's not unknown for a bar in bad nick to go for that price

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
12-15-2004, 09:17 AM
Keyroo: you are right about the bar only costing about $300 second hand. But remember, those bars don't come with the grills, and the bumper support. Thats worth the money.

Keyroo
12-15-2004, 09:38 AM
yeah ur right there man, usually u have to cut those supports down, tahts a good deal with te bar and grill adn shit eh,,

i'll have one one day haha, always hte way all thsi stuff goes up for sale when u have banned urself from spending money on teh car!

Matty :P

JuniorJack
12-15-2004, 12:05 PM
yeh, some guy tried to sell me his for 300 without the supports and grills. this isn't too bad but its either big day out or group a front bar. hmmmm

islade
12-15-2004, 03:21 PM
Okay, this will probably offend you again but.....

$225 pickup

That's all I got (damn christmas presents).

Classique71
12-16-2004, 07:44 AM
How about i post up an idea what the whole conversion costs with some new parts ?

I can tell you its over a grand - less than 1500 - and i still had to fabricate some parts myself , and buy some second hand .

Sorry to rain on parades here dudes and dudettes - but in all seriousness - they ARE worth alot of money - thats why two of the bastards ive had imported from japan have vanished without a trace from containers - in secure shipping yards - before they even reached the shores..

I get REAL touchy about Low offers on parts like these cause im sure people really dont understand what they are paying for - just make sure to do your research before making offers that might get me narked up ( its been a fucked up + 10X week here - bound to bite at anything atm )

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
12-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Thankyou stu,

I may sound like a tightarse, but thats just the thing. Im resonable on how much i want to get rid of this. If i have to, ill get a quote to see how much it would be worth with everything perfect.

Cel3SGTE
12-18-2004, 12:01 AM
I had a damaged GRP A bumper at one stage and it cost GT4Me around $100 to be plastic welded and around another $200 to get it resprayed as far as I remember. To tell you the truth there's probably really no need to weld and respray that bumper unless you want it 100% perfect. You can do a leb job on it with some bog and touchup paint and it should look ok. From what i've seen them go for, i'd say this can would fetch around $300-350 since it has the support and grills....

And to put another perspective on things Stu, I paid $2650 for a complete GRP A front cut which included motor, gearbox, ecu + loom, hood, bumper etc. There's always a cheaper way of doing things :)

It's sometimes not fair to compare 2nd hand parts to those sold by the Toyota spares dept whose prices are stupidly expensive.

Keyroo
12-18-2004, 01:57 AM
stupidly expensive,, for a joke i went and asked them how much a supra ct26 would cost , he looked at my car and said,, i'll swap ya HAHA

tooch
12-18-2004, 06:08 AM
Mate, would you consider selling the grills separately? I'm guessing you probably won't but it's worth a shot! :)

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
12-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Mate, would you consider selling the grills separately? I'm guessing you probably won't but it's worth a shot! :)

If i get offers on the bar, and the support, then sure.

JuniorJack
12-19-2004, 11:57 AM
*bump* 300

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
12-19-2004, 12:02 PM
*bump* 300

Now we're getting somewhere.

JuniorJack
12-19-2004, 01:56 PM
excellent

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
01-02-2005, 09:49 AM
To tell you guys, i'm after around $500 for this.

As i said, im fairly resonable about it.

But, i won't be letting it go for a while.

Wyldie
01-11-2005, 12:47 PM
haha
get with the times.. ppl want "wyldie style" front mount :P

haha good luck with the sale dude!@

Jaemus
01-12-2005, 03:10 AM
hmm
if i still had my 5th gen, id offer you $400 at least
anyone know where u can get 4th gen ones? i remember keyroo used to have one