PDA

View Full Version : Camber bolts for 5th gens? (camber correction)

TRD Terror
07-11-2005, 08:43 PM
What did you use to correct your camber after lowering the car?

What bolts did you use and how do they work for correcting the camber etc?

Id like to fix my wear problems now...

any and all info will be a huge help

thanks,
TRD Terror

Luis C
07-12-2005, 12:34 AM
Used Eibach camber bolts.

Camber bolts have a slightly smaller diameter that the stock bolt but have a small piece of steel welded perpendicualar to the shaft of the bolt. You replace the top bolt on the lower part of the strut assembly (there are two bolts there wich you will need air tools to loosen). The small shaft or "bump" will push against the strut assembly moving it towards the outside correcting up to a 1 degree of negative camber.

Trance4c
07-12-2005, 12:53 AM
I use 'em... use to have them all the way around.. but I have sense gone back to the stock bolts up front for a static -1.3 degrees. The rear sit at 0. I like them.. work good and cheap :)

BEAMS
07-12-2005, 01:27 AM
I have tried both eibach and obx camber kits on my gts, no problems with any of them. Eibachs cost more but probably use stronger metal but thats the only diff. Dont forget to torque these camber bolts to only around 50lbs or they WILL snap, i know from experience. :laugh:

eibachs $30 for front or rear only. They were still holding my knuckle to strut after my wheel flew off, so they do pass the stress test. :laugh:
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Toyota&autoModel=Celica+GTS&autoYear=1990&category=Shocks&category=Springs&category=Alignment&category=BootMount&autoModClar=

obx kit $20 front and rear togehter.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7985688639&category=33581

Galcobar
07-12-2005, 01:49 AM
For those who've installed Pro-Kits, how much did camber change?

I understand on the front for fifth-gens we've got stock camber adjustments, sufficient to deal with the Pro-Kit, and no camber adjustment on the rear. Is this correct?

Hooligan
07-12-2005, 02:13 AM
My car required no additional parts to remain within stock camber settings after installing the Eibach Pro Kit.

TRD Terror
07-12-2005, 02:22 AM
any one who got the Eibach bolts happen to know that part number for rear bolts?

thanks for all the info guys... the OBX ones look kinda cheapy... ill look into the Eibach and see how they stack up... and what I can get them for localy.

I have Eibach sportlines, and my tires are 215wide all around... Its time I did sumthing about my camber (3years later) :)

Peace,
TRD Terror

SilverCel
07-12-2005, 05:56 AM
I have -1.25 camber....all i have are 17" wheels w/ 215/40 tires.