PDA

View Full Version : i beat a cobra!!!

fiveSFE
07-11-2005, 08:00 PM
it was an early 90's cobra, on saturday night i saw this cobra that ive have always seen out on speedway(where everyone cruises at), and i have always assumed that it would hand my ass to me, because i have always heard stories about how mean and fast it was. so i get behind him, but there was way to much traffic to get besides him, so i just waited for my chance.

i flashed him and put my turn signal on to turn onto a less crouded street, and he turned and took off like a bat out of hell right as he turned, i caught up next to him after he slowed down, and i asked him how he watned to race, and we agreed doing it from a light. we finally caught a light, i reved up to about 5500 rpms, the light turned green, i take up spinning my tires a lil bit, i look besides me as i shift into 2nd gear and i have about a car and a half on him, about midway threw 2nd i see him start to gain on me very slowly, he gets to my back bumper right as im shifting into 3rd and i picked up a lil more distance on him, and i kept pullin slowly away from him. i was so surprized, i put on my blinker and bust a u to go bac to speedway and he gets behind me and as he makes his turn he fish tails all over the place and comes close to hittin my car, on our way back eh gets besides us and starts talking all kinds of stuff, and wanting to race again, so he downshifts, and takes off, i have a late reaction so i do the same, and i stayed about a half car behidn him, till he lets off right as i was about to shift into 3rd gear.

When we got back to speedway the guy with the mustang was driving ahead of me, and he was trying to tell which way i was going to go, so we could race again. i just pulled into a circle k to meet up with a few people, and the guy in the mustang went into the circle k twice, haulin ass and spinning his tires and yelling stuff at me. He then stopped on speedway and the passenger in his car was talkign shit about fighting, and i told them that i was there to race, not fight. the driver(redneck looking guy) jummped out of the car and threw up his arms and started yelling at me to fight him, i declined.

Right as the guy was getting back in his car a cop turned onto speedway and pulled right behind him. Im pretty sure the redneck did not see him because when he jumped in his car he lit up the back tires and took off, the cop immediatly turned on his lights :owned: . finally a few of my friends show up, and they were telilng me how this green mustang was running from the cop and it was way ahead of the cop, so im assuming he got away.

CLIFFNOTES:
Saw a notorious early 90's mustang cobra, that is supposedly really fast, we raced from a dead stop, i beat him, he got supper pissed, and wanted to fight, in his state of anger he jumped in his car and took off spinning his tires, just as a cop pulled behind him, the cop turned on his lights. i found out later that the mustang ran, because a few of my friends saw the cop chasing him down the road.

smoothtuner
07-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Go race at a track under controlled conditions.

Cliffnotes:
I hope you wrap yourself around a tree before you hit an innocent bystander.

RickyNo
07-11-2005, 08:35 PM

QFT :yes:

fiveSFE
07-11-2005, 08:40 PM
yeah its dangerous, but im goign to do it any, thats my own decision. what makes you such an angel, to tell other people things like that? if you dont like what im doing, you dont have to post a comment

smoothtuner
07-11-2005, 09:50 PM
thats my own decision

It ceases to be just your 'own decision' and problem when it can potentionally impact others -esp on that sort of level. I don't like what you are doing - that is exactly why I posted a comment.

fiveSFE
07-11-2005, 10:11 PM
i dont feel liek arguing about it, i do what i do, all kinds of people go out and do worse things in this world. i just dont care what you think, i know it may sound ignorant, but o well.

RickyNo
07-11-2005, 11:22 PM
At first i took off the second part of this...

Cliffnotes:
I hope you wrap yourself around a tree before you hit an innocent bystander.

But considering what you add to this comment...
Completely QFT

turbo_dsm
07-12-2005, 12:05 AM
yo first of all you should be aware of where this racing occurs, its speedway everybody races on speedway, there are hardly anybody walking on sidewalks except crackhead junkies and sometimes drunk bystanders coming out of bars at 2 AM, speedway stretches quite a ways and the only accidents that occur are the ones that leave the club/bars completely drunk and wreck into eachother, this is 200002034010x more common than street racing, plus who wants to wait an hr to get one run in on busy nights, people liek you are p**** that cant handle their car and keep it strait, ive seen more accidents happen at a track racing than on the street racing imho. there was no need for such a malicous comment you left as a cliffnote, live and let live homie and go wrap urself around a gd track pole :ugh:

Trance4c
07-12-2005, 12:48 AM
yo first of all you should be aware of where this racing occurs, its speedway everybody races on speedway, there are hardly anybody walking on sidewalks except crackhead junkies and sometimes drunk bystanders coming out of bars at 2 AM, speedway stretches quite a ways and the only accidents that occur are the ones that leave the club/bars completely drunk and wreck into eachother, this is 200002034010x more common than street racing, plus who wants to wait an hr to get one run in on busy nights, people liek you are p**** that cant handle their car and keep it strait, ive seen more accidents happen at a track racing than on the street racing imho. there was no need for such a malicous comment you left as a cliffnote, live and let live homie and go wrap urself around a gd track pole :ugh:

Actually.. the rates are quite different. Overall death in the US by vehicle is high, but when you look at the death rate of lets say.. Los Angeles alone, its HUGE for street racing. More people are dying from street racing then drunk driving there. I can get the numbers.. had them somewhere if your interested in it.

Either way though.. just be careful. Its gunna happen.

Galcobar
07-12-2005, 02:01 AM
i do what i do, all kinds of people go out and do worse things in this world.

Great arguement for endangering other people.

I assume this also covers mugging grandmothers and bombing buildings because there are worse crimes other people are doing. How about this -- one of your family members gets run over by an idiot who lost control of his/her car and then you can tell me that it's all okay.

fiveSFE
07-12-2005, 03:50 AM
look wtf, i did what i did, now tell me that none of you guys have never done anythign bad in your life!!, or better yet tell me what you did do, so i can persecute you and bitch at you for it.

someone just close this thread, i did not want to it end up like this. I was just tryign to bring the drag racing forums alive since no one ever post in here, now i see why

RickyNo
07-12-2005, 04:33 AM
Say anything you want, it wont help in any way.

Drag Racing != Street racing *

We don't want you to feel threatened by us or anything like that, just let you know it IS dangerous, stupid and easily avoided accidents happens more than you think. Your car may offer good performances, it still wasn't built for specific race purposes and someting bad CAN happen. If you enjoy racing, why not taking it to a track with your or another car set for it? Track race, drag race, drifting, you name it. If something bad happens, there is qualified people around to help out IN SECONDS, if it happens on the road, who knows when people can come to your rescue? You might have time to die before getting help or you might see the other racer take off to avoid the cops and let you at the crash site, speaking to himself "What a stupid ricer, he can't even handle his car".

Better safe than sorry, take care. :yes:

(* != means different, not equal to)

MrWOT
07-12-2005, 05:03 AM
Take it easy guys, he knows it's dangerous, but be honest, who here has never done something like this? I don't condone it, but I've been guilty of the light to light brawl a few times myself. Was it smart, hell no, but it happened, and luckily noone got hurt.

We aren't here to flame, he told his story, just let it go. Even if he is in the wrong by streetracing, which he is, it's not like we're going to change his mind. So everyone "just take a deep breath, and realize, that this is me firing you" :D Fans of "Grosse Point Blank" will get that one... ;)

fiveSFE
07-12-2005, 05:23 AM
thanks much mrwot

MrWOT
07-12-2005, 05:31 AM
Don't thank me you streetracing SCUM! :saythat:

j/k :hehe:

RickyNo
07-12-2005, 06:00 AM
:laugh:

But seriously, i think you're right. (Easy fellas)
I raced once, high speed on the highway. acura integra 94 i think. 205 km/h, i let the pedal, i realized i had rated 180s... and it reacted weird at a small bump on the road :ugh:

now all i do is go fast, when i consider nobody else than me is in danger, no pride, no need to beat someone, i think it's less dangerous but nonetheless illegal. so i'm guilty too. :hehe:

Sean
07-12-2005, 07:11 AM
It sounds as if you have a decent head on your shoulders, but, your still sort of missing the point. We dont care (well too much) if you wrap your car around the tree, its the innocent old lady taking her dog out that you accidentally run in to, got it? Just be careful bro, use your best judgement!!!

Great story though, be safe!

Again guys, we dont condone street racing, but were all human. Dont be niave, theres people everywhere in the world who "race" there car. You think all corvette owners are gentle with there beasts? Of course not, just keep it sane, thats all.

Drive safe everyone :)

fiveSFE
07-12-2005, 07:34 PM
yeah i understand, i would rather have somethign happen to just me instead of another person, thats why we turned off on a street that had just about no traffic at all, and i try not to be reckless when i am doing stuff like this, like someother kids that swerve in and out of traffic and what not. I see your guy's point tho

bloodredgt
07-12-2005, 11:59 PM
this thread reminds me of the street races that go on between two corn fields that i went to...

RickyNo
07-13-2005, 01:00 AM
One thing that would be cool, big bend open road racing in Texas, highway 90. I saw a Viper at 193mph on it. Quite fast when looking from a standpoint.:hehe:

Snafu
07-14-2005, 03:51 AM
Thread Closed