PDA

View Full Version : New problem. ALT. and Hood Release

Platinum92GTS
07-11-2005, 08:08 AM
I was driving home and my bat. light came on then after 15min the car just totally lost power for a second and came back on and i managed to get it off the highway. It then totally died out and stalled out. Now it is sitting in my garage. :ugh:

So before i can tackle that problem which i think is the alt. I have to open my hood. The day before maybe 16 hours i went to pop my hood and nothing happened :( the release cable mustve broke. Has anyone had this happen? whats the best way to get the thing open? From the inside the release its really slack like the wire is not connected to anything.

any help would be awesome. thanks guys! :wiggle:

Hooligan
07-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Your electrical problem could be a bad alternator or a battery (the alternator may not be providing a charge and the battery may not be taking it).

As for the hood latch release, get under the car and see if you can see/grab the cable right by the latch to release it. There has to be some way of getting it open from the bottom of the car...

Platinum92GTS
07-11-2005, 09:21 AM
yeah I guess I will be able to determine more after I get my hood up. :D

thxn

acidice333
07-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Take a grinder and grind the hood off (:

Platinum92GTS
07-12-2005, 07:51 AM
wow that was a beeeeotch getting the hood to open.

After that it was all gravy. Now i gotta figure a way to get my latch to start working proper. It looks like its all rusted.

acidice333
07-12-2005, 07:57 AM
So how'd you open the hood? I'd like to know just incase my latch goes (: