PDA

View Full Version : Marblizer

RallyK
07-10-2005, 08:47 AM
A friend of mine did an AMAZING paint job on his car (89 daytona). I will get picts as soon as I can, but his car is about an hour away.

First coat - Black base
Second coat - Marblizer
Third - Kandy apple red
Fourth - Clear coat.

The way you do the marblizer is, you spray on the marblizer then put thin plastic all over the car then peel it off. You let it dry like that then sand it down with a very very fine paper then clear coat it. If you sand it too much it will mess up the marblizer.

It ends up being a 4 stage paint. It is honestly (and I've seen a lot of great paint jobs) the best paint job I've ever seen. I think I might have him redo my car or have him do my new car (if I end up getting that other celica) I want to go into business with this guy. He's amazing. He doesn't even have a shop, he used to work for a autobody shop doing prep. He paid 500 bucks to paint his car in a professional booth. wow....just wow.

This is what his car used to look like (it's not his, but looks just like it)
http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/shelby/89dayshl.jpg
He did a 2 tone set up: dark dark bing cherry red for most of the body and
the ground effects are silver:
Here is a sample of the silver marblizer:
http://www.terrys.net/mb01.jpg

Colossus20v
07-10-2005, 05:35 PM
get pics of it now so we can see exactly what you mean and how it looks please. SOudns really cool though. I love good paint jobs.

alltracman78
07-10-2005, 09:50 PM
So it changes the texture of the top coat?
Detailed pics would be nice.

RallyK
07-11-2005, 07:16 AM
no it's completely smooth. the gloss coat goes over it without a problem. I'll get details and pictures when I see him next.

Murgatroy
07-11-2005, 12:13 PM
I have seen this done on show cars, it is very very sharp, but not everyone's bag. Did he use a real Candy color over it? Or is that just what you call the color of red? I think that would look marvelous with a Candy....

BTW what kind of Daytona was it? I almost bought an `88 Shelby Z a few years ago. My buddy still has it... I just have too many cars right now to justify another project car when Chaos still has a thumpity bumpity swaybar... :(

RallyK
07-12-2005, 02:07 AM
it was a real candy coat. looks THICK

Arcias
07-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Daytonas are sexy. One of the few domestics that I really really like.

RallyK
07-14-2005, 03:30 AM
That's because they're a sporty compact car! Just like imports.

Colossus20v
07-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Where are the pics at RallyK?

Murgatroy
07-15-2005, 03:32 PM
She is just teasing us. :(

:hehe: