PDA

View Full Version : I love the clay bar!

AznKlique
07-09-2005, 11:13 PM
My paint has been neglected for about over a year so I finally decided to get the car detailed. After when I washed my car, the paint didnt feel as smooth as I wanted it to be. There were little bumps and imperfections all over it, so...the solution was the Mother's CLAY BAR.

I was a little skeptical at first, but since it did cost me 17 dollars, I said what the hell, it should work, rite? Well, after claying the first section of my car, I ran my finger over the paint and boy was I shocked and amazed. Almost all of those stupid little bumps were gone! It actually felt like paint from a new car. So after about an hour of claying the entire car, most of those little nasty bumps were gone. I couldnt manage to get the roof, hood, and bumpers as smooth like the other body panels, but oh well.

After the claying process, I used Meguiars Deep Crystal Step 1 Paint Cleaner. I liked the fact that I saw some dirt on the cloth after doing this, knowing that it actually cleaned up the surface a bit.

Then I went with Meguairs Deep Crystal Step 2 Polish. I really didnt know the purpose of the polish, but I did it anyways. It was supposed to make the paint more richer and deeper, but my car is white so I didnt notice too much of a difference.

Then finally I used Meguairs Gold Class liquid Wax. Wow was I impressed how this stuff worked. The paint shined like new again.

After all this work, the surface of the car felt more thicker to me, which I know that there is something there to protect the paint. I just cant help running my palm and fingers on the surface cuz it feels sooo good.
Sorry for the long post but I just had to share my detailing experience with everyone and I recommend people to claybar their car. The paint looks and feel nice. And its nice to see the water bead on the paint too.

Jigglypuff
07-10-2005, 01:33 AM
Yeah, detailing doesn't work as well on white cars. Black on the other hand :drool:

cobra621
07-11-2005, 05:54 AM
I've used claybars for several years, they definitely work great! They are great for getting overspray off, too. Plus, that claybar will do more than one vehicle. I have used my bar on 3 vehicles, and it still works.

convertiblechick
07-13-2005, 01:45 AM
We've had both white and black vehicles. The white actually doesn't show dirt like the black. One little pollen granule shows :eek4:

Rick89GTS
07-21-2005, 10:48 PM
I've got little flecks of who knows what on my hood; I've never used a clay bar before but after reading that, I'm going to get one now. (Black car)