PDA

View Full Version : so I had a flat

Rayme
07-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Just yesterday I went out from work for lunch, came back ,blah blah, at 5 I got back to my car and realized my right rear tire was flat...

Open the trunk to get to the spare, not too sure what to discover when I bolt it on...low and behold, the original full size spare Michelin LX1 was still inflated :bigthumbu . So I tighten the cool looking steel wheel with my chromed nuts, leaving the washers hanging in the hair. And drive back home.

Now I thank Toyota thay they didn't gave the celica those funny spare donuts :laugh: :)

dan93st
07-06-2005, 12:58 AM
Just yesterday I went out from work for lunch, came back ,blah blah, at 5 I got back to my car and realized my right rear tire was flat...

Open the trunk to get to the spare, not too sure what to discover when I bolt it on...low and behold, the original full size spare Michelin LX1 was still inflated :bigthumbu . So I tighten the cool looking steel wheel with my chromed nuts, leaving the washers hanging in the hair. And drive back home.

Now I thank Toyota thay they didn't gave the celica those funny spare donuts :laugh: :)

How come mine only has the funny looking spare donut? Not fair... :( Maybe that's an ST vs. GT issue?

CruisinIL
07-06-2005, 03:05 AM
i have a gt and i got a donut

Psyko
07-06-2005, 03:10 AM
I think some one put that in there beofre you, unless you were the original owner of the car, then i wouldnt know how it got in there. But usually they come with a donut..

smoothtuner
07-06-2005, 03:15 AM
My gts has a full size spare.....I bet its a gt + hatch vs coupe issue.

MoralWarfare
07-06-2005, 03:20 AM
yeah, i bet you're right smoothtuner, cos my coupe had a donut.

Rayme, are you going to have to buy 2 new tires? Or was it just a nail or something?

Rayme
07-06-2005, 03:34 AM
It was some kind of wood chip, or animal claw? was weird, I got a patch (inside) installed.

I dont know about you guy's donut but my full spare completely fills the space in the trunk and the nuts/rod assembly to hold it in there looks also stock...? might take a pic later. I got GT coupe canadian model.

alltracman78
07-06-2005, 04:08 AM
For at least some of the Celicas [ 90/93 Alltrac, 92/93 GTS], a donut won't fit the front brake. You need a full size spare.

SilverCel
07-06-2005, 04:18 AM
i have a 92 Gt Hatchback and i have a donut.

also the 92/93 gts has the same brake setup as a gt....so i don't think that idea fly's

alltracman78
07-06-2005, 04:21 AM
I was under the impression the 92/93 GTS had the same size brakes as the Alltrac.....

smoothtuner
07-06-2005, 04:22 AM
Maybe its just cause Im used to rwd and 4wd but Id never put a donut on a drive axle anyways.

I had a screw in my LR tire...was planning on getting new ones soon anyways, so I just switched the fullsize spare over. Ordered 4 205/50r15 Falken Ziexs from edge racing last nite...they shipped today, should arrive friday. Sears, the only Falken distr around, wanted 72$ per tire and they would have to be special ordered (would take longer than ordering from edge). Got the tires for 4x$46 each plus shipping for a 222$ total. Good deal IMHO. We'll see how they ride.

Since it seems Ill be sticking with the stock alloys atleast for a bit...should find me a spare alloy rim instead of the ugly steel black one....

alltracman78
07-06-2005, 04:26 AM
According to this, 92/93 GT/GTS/Alltrac all share the same size rotor.....
And I garauntee a donut won't fit on a Alltrac front brake. Neither will a 14".
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227

^Yeah, I hate them too. Doesn't feel right.

Disco Dan
07-06-2005, 04:41 AM
Friend of mine has a 90 GT coupe with a full size spare. In fact, that was one of the things I was looking forward to when I got my celica (she's had her for years longer than I've had mine) only to discover that my convertible only came with a donut.

According to the brochure, the GT-S and Alltrac came with the Fullsize spare as a standard feature. But as you know, pretty much any luxury element could be added to a GT if it was requested, so chances are good that the original owner asked for a full sized spare as one of the options.

Either that, or someone picked it up at a junkyard and switched out the donut!

D

dan93st
07-06-2005, 04:42 AM
Could it have to do with whether or not the GT has drums vs. disc brakes in the rear? Just throwing that out there...

RickyNo
07-06-2005, 05:40 AM
Mine has a full-size spare but it doesn't seats correctly all the way down it's hole and i'm losing space. I'm pretty sure the wheel's been changed, or at least the tire on it, it's almost all weared out too. :(

Slider
07-06-2005, 05:53 AM
Could it have to do with whether or not the GT has drums vs. disc brakes in the rear? Just throwing that out there...

My 90 GT liftback has a full size spare and drums in the back.

Wazza_2004
07-06-2005, 07:45 AM
here in australia all celicas have a full sized spare and 4 wheel disc brakes

Punisher
07-07-2005, 03:09 AM
my 90 GTS hatchie has a full size.. Donuts are so ghey.