PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Newb with a new car

Fastbird
07-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Well, I used to sporadically post on CTech when I'd have trouble with my daily driver 89 ST. After 3 years and 75K miles she finally gave up the ghost and became less than worth my time. So the search began for a new daily driver just a couple of weeks ago, and what better option than a newer Celica? It was decided that a 6th Gen would be the perfect match.

So after some failed viewings and a couple of long driving days, last night the one dropped into my lap via Ebay. I snagged up a 99 GT, Red with Tan Leather Interior, and aparrently loaded with everything but the power seat option for $7500. The only major downside is the high mileage at 114500, but I figure it's a Yota, and I KNOW they run forever. Pics to come when I pick it up on Friday!!

Nice new forums going on over here!!! Looking forward to being a productive part of the community.

MoralWarfare
07-05-2005, 09:21 PM
sounds like a sweet car! It's a 5 speed manual, no? Make sure you change the timing belt if it hasn't been done before, and welcome aboard mang!

Fastbird
07-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah, it's a 5 speed with a less than year old clutch in it. Timing belt is first on the list if I can't verify that it's already been done.

RickyNo
07-06-2005, 05:43 AM
Just take off the top timing-belt cover to have look. ;)