PDA

View Full Version : Engine Celica 2000+ in my 5th Generation.

Pidi01
07-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi.. I Just want to know if I can put an engine of 7th Generation (Celica GT-S) in my 5th gen.. It's a Toyota Celica GT Coupé 1991 with a 5S-FE.

I've never seen this swap and I'm not sure that it's possible.

If it's possible what I'll have to change.. (Tranny for sure she's due..) Ecu too..

Thank you..

-Pidi.

MoralWarfare
07-05-2005, 03:43 PM
of course it is possible, but it has never been done.

Luis C
07-05-2005, 04:36 PM
With a lot of money and knowledge anything is possible. This swap would envolve a lot of custom work/fabricating. Personally I've never heard of anyone doing it.

AllOutRed90
07-05-2005, 05:47 PM
ive heard of a 3sgte to a 7th gen, but no 7th gen engine to a 5th gen

xeril
07-05-2005, 08:31 PM
not sure why you'd want to.. throw in a beams 3sge.. much better than the 2zzge :)

Snafu
07-05-2005, 09:53 PM
not sure why you'd want to.. throw in a beams 3sge.. much better than the 2zzge :)

Yup. THe 2ZZGE is not that great of an engine. It's peaky, and if you like torque... well.... sucks to be you.

Snafu
07-05-2005, 09:55 PM
.. but on the other hand, it should be that difficult.

You'll need to fabricate custom motor and tranny mounts. Custom axles are probably a must as well. The exhaust system will have to be adapted, along with the cooling system.

The wiring would be the biggest bitch on it, but I'm sure if you are a decent welder, have a lot of time and patience, go for it.

Pidi01
07-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Okay... Garanty of 2 years or 100 000$, Tranny 6 Speed.. All that for 1000$ less than a 3S-GTE.. I'm not rich.. I would swap my engine for less cost. Nobody have an Idea of what I'll have to change..? I know it's not bolt On, but it's not a problem, I don't want any surprise, and it will be unique.. I think. a little turbo in that and it's okay.. :)

So if you know the 7th gen more than me.. and you're sure of what I'll have to fit or change.. tell me.

-Pidi.

Galcobar
07-06-2005, 01:03 AM
You would need basically everything that comes in the engine bay of a 7th-gen, plus all the custom work already noted. Don't be so sure it would be cheaper, given it's so much newer. When people calculate the cost of a 3SGTE swap, they're including all the bits and pieces that you are asking if you'll need.

The reason the BEAMS 3SGE is being suggested is because it will involve less fabrication work (always expensive), has more horsepower, more torque, will be used and probably no more expensive to buy (no warrenty) and will be just as rare since the late-model BEAMS are very difficult to find.

MrWOT
07-06-2005, 05:24 AM
This belongs in the custom fab forum, time to excersize my modly might! (I've always wanted to say that :hehe:)

Pidi01
07-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Okay.. so.. It's better to swap 3SGTE.. okay.. in Canada.. 3SGTE is a little bit rare, but it's okay, thank you!

-Pidi.

Adrian Avgerinos
07-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Okay... Garanty of 2 years or 100 000$, Tranny 6 Speed.. All that for 1000$ less than a 3S-GTE.. I'm not rich.. I would swap my engine for less cost. Nobody have an Idea of what I'll have to change..? I know it's not bolt On, but it's not a problem, I don't want any surprise, and it will be unique.. I think. a little turbo in that and it's okay.. :)

So if you know the 7th gen more than me.. and you're sure of what I'll have to fit or change.. tell me.

-Pidi.

I'm not sure, but I can almost bet you will need to do the following:

Custom mounts for engine and tranny
Custom axles
Custom plumbing for powersteering system
Custom wiring for engine and chassis
Custom plumbing for fueling system
Custom shifter cables *
Custom gauges *
Custom exhaust system
Custom Intake system
Custom plumbing for cooling system

*You may luck out and find the stock 5th gen parts work.

Rule of thumb when doing a project like this: Estimate the cost to complete the project and then double that amount.

Ask me how I know. ;)

VikingJZ
07-09-2005, 11:10 PM
I've had the same idea, but I know it's going to be one of those things I wait for when I get out of college.

Dr Tweak
07-11-2005, 06:30 PM
I've swapped a 2ZZGE into a '98 Corolla, looking back it wasn't a bad swap. The thing with the Celica is, you have the 3SGTE option which is just... better... :)

But if anyone decides they do want a 2ZZGE just let me know, I can help.

-Doc

lburner
07-22-2005, 06:38 AM
Hi.. I Just want to know if I can put an engine of 7th Generation (Celica GT-S) in my 5th gen.. It's a Toyota Celica GT Coupé 1991 with a 5S-FE.

I've never seen this swap and I'm not sure that it's possible.

If it's possible what I'll have to change.. (Tranny for sure she's due..) Ecu too..

Thank you..

-Pidi.

Its ben done by a guy in south ohio but he put out 11,700 u can buy the car for that so if u got the money to do it and the time go right ahead but i wouldnt do if even if i had the money its not the good of a engine anway.. if u put that much money in the engine that u have now can u say runing low 10's.