PDA

View Full Version : Water Pump 90/celica/GT/manual 2.2 need help Thx

smartegyptian
07-04-2005, 09:26 PM
I have a bad water pump car leaks while idealing and I hear cranking noise by the right tire where is the leak at too under the car
Do they have to take the engine off to replace the pump I might as well replace the timing belt since they are close to each other i guess how much would be job like that
Any Ideas please guys

slvrblt
07-04-2005, 09:48 PM
The engine does not have to be removed to change the water pump. The water pump is driven by the timing belt so you might as well change it while the work is being done. I personally have no idea on what it would cost to have some one change the water pump and timing belt.
To get to the water pump you have to remove the right front tire and the plastic splash shield. You then have to remove the accesory belts followed by the timing belt covers. After that you remove the timing belt, taking note of the location of the cam gear and crank gear. You can then romove the water pump.

RickyNo
07-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Also verify the timing belt tensionners. My belt was changed 3 years ago but the tensionners were not and the bearing inside them broke last summer, the belt came loose and jumped a few teeth, car stalled, complete job to do again then.

Also, since you are there, change the crank seal. It sucks having to do it all again if it begins to leak short after.

smartegyptian
07-04-2005, 11:28 PM
so what is your point? does the engine has to be removed to change them?

Also verify the timing belt tensionners. My belt was changed 3 years ago but the tensionners were not and the bearing inside them broke last summer, the belt came loose and jumped a few teeth, car stalled, complete job to do again then.

Also, since you are there, change the crank seal. It sucks having to do it all again if it begins to leak short after.

smartegyptian
07-04-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm going to have it done pro i can't do it but i hope all goes good that way they dont damage something else and i dont have to go again
Thx

The engine does not have to be removed to change the water pump. The water pump is driven by the timing belt so you might as well change it while the work is being done. I personally have no idea on what it would cost to have some one change the water pump and timing belt.
To get to the water pump you have to remove the right front tire and the plastic splash shield. You then have to remove the accesory belts followed by the timing belt covers. After that you remove the timing belt, taking note of the location of the cam gear and crank gear. You can then romove the water pump.

RickyNo
07-05-2005, 12:08 AM
The engine don't need to come off, but needs to be unbolted from the passenger side engine mount to allow a free up/down play, making it easier to replace the parts.

If you never did it, go to a shop to have it done, one specialized on toyotas or imports (i had it done by a domestic mech, he screwed up), will save you some headaches and problems and it worth it. :yes:

alltracman78
07-05-2005, 01:50 AM
The engine does not have to be removed to change the water pump.

so what is your point? does the engine has to be removed to change them?

Do people not read sometimes?

RickyNo
07-05-2005, 01:56 AM
What? ... you can't read sometimes?

:laugh:

alltracman78
07-05-2005, 02:31 AM
Nope.

The ADHD starts making everything fuzzy. :laugh:

RickyNo
07-05-2005, 02:35 AM
You suffer from "Advanced Dog Humping Disease" ?
Poor little baby... :laugh:

;)

alltracman78
07-05-2005, 03:02 AM

smartegyptian
07-05-2005, 05:12 PM
:wtf: