PDA

View Full Version : Remote Starter help

acidice333
07-03-2005, 01:23 AM
So I''m not sure what I did, the only thing I did today was retapped the 12v constant wire for the remote starter, maybe I loosened a wire I don't know. Anyways, the problem is I "remote start" my car, press the unlock, put key in ignition and turn it to ON. Now there is the thing, I don't think my RS knows that its in the ON positioon anymore cause when I tap the brake, the RS kills itself. If I turn the key all the way back to OFF, its still running. So what wire(s) controls this on a remote starter?

alltracman78
07-03-2005, 03:34 AM
Didn't you hook this up yourself?
It should tell you which one it is.
I am guessing it would be tapped into a ig on wire, and send a signal once it was pwred up....

acidice333
07-03-2005, 04:06 AM
Yes I wired this myself (:

I believe it worked properly too but I'm not 100% sure since I haven't really tested it like normal. I always used on/off on my remote, and if off failed on my remote I would hit the brake pedal. I usued the key in the igintion to turn it off serveral times I think. I may have fudged something today, Im not sure. Basically it won't turn off after I remote start it- remote start, unlock, put in key turn to ON, then turn to Off-- still running.

alltracman78
07-03-2005, 04:44 AM
Where does the instructions say to put the ig on signal wire?

acidice333
07-03-2005, 06:22 AM
Nevermind, got it (:
Turns out I had to put in key, turn to on, press brake, then I could turn off