PDA

View Full Version : celica woes

Dragon008
12-12-2004, 09:24 AM
So... how many peole have heat problems with the celica. as in the heater core getting F@#ked up? My 4th gen hasnt had heat in a long time, and my all=trac sucks for heat. Just wnderign how bad this epidmic is?

imac
12-12-2004, 03:28 PM
mine stays nice and toasty in the winter :D

TRDmkII
12-12-2004, 04:44 PM
well i've had many cars...ranging from 84's to 90's toyotas and *knock on wood* i've never had this issue...a lot of times its due to lack of flushes or a problem in your heating system....i dont' know if either of your cars have them but your water control valve could be acting up......how do you know its your heater core?

spoolin_gt
12-12-2004, 07:26 PM
got a few heater cores if you're interested..

Rick89GTS
12-12-2004, 11:20 PM
That's the classic 4th gen heater problem. It's usually not the core.
You need to pull out the heater control panel and resolder the connections on the rear. They crack over time with heat/age/vibration and cause intermittent heat. I've had to do that to all my 4th gens at one point or another.

Tomas
12-23-2004, 03:36 AM
If I am not mistaken isn't there some quick way of repairing the controls so it only will push out hot air????

Celexa GT
12-23-2004, 03:55 AM
So... how many peole have heat problems with the celica. as in the heater core getting F@#ked up? My 4th gen hasnt had heat in a long time, and my all=trac sucks for heat. Just wnderign how bad this epidmic is?
Ya, my heater core was bad when I bought the car. Celexa had 149k and didn't appear to have ever had a coolant flush/change. New radiator and heater core and my heat works fine. I'm not sure about a 4th gen, but on a 5th gen it will cost lots of labor $'s cause they have to remove the entire dash to get to the heater core.