PDA

View Full Version : HELP on CEL

JT131
06-30-2005, 08:18 PM
have had my Celica GT-S 2000 Automatic for a year now. Since I got a Check Engine Light has been on. When disconnect my battery, the CEL goes off. It will turn back on when I go over 6000 RPMs. I think the CEL is preventing me from going into Lift and getting the extra 40 hp! Please help me out. I can't find the answer to the problem! Thanks.

Smaay
07-01-2005, 12:31 AM
sounds like your lift bolts are broken...when the system dosent detect the oil pressure at 6000 its supposed to, it will throw a CEL....the solenoids that activate the lift might also be defective...to check those unplug the solenoid on the right side of the head...then run 2 wires from your battery to the 2 prongs in the solenoid...when you touvh them you should hear a click and the engine will stall (oh do this while idling) if you dont hear anything, try reverseing the wires, if you still dont hear anything and the engine still runs then the solenoid is bad and its not activating lift....

I would check the lift bolts first though...they are 2 brass bolts under the valve cover between the cams on the left side of the head, you cant miss them, they are the only 2 brass bolts in the head

JT131
07-02-2005, 12:04 AM
I will give that a try. By the way, the error code reads :
P1693
Manufactures Control -
Auxilliary Inputs
Auxilliary Outouts.

Thank you for the help, I hope it works.

Smaay
07-03-2005, 08:21 AM
that CEL is caused by the cone filter in the lift actuator being clogged, or your solenoids not functioning...whats happening that that your going over 6000 RPM's and the computer is expecting to see oil pressure in the lift system and its not...

Did you happen to over-rev your engine? that CEL is also caused by an over-rev and there might be metal particles in the system