PDA

View Full Version : 5sfte VS' nissan se-r V spec

presure2
06-28-2005, 08:08 PM
well, the wife and i were comming back from an estimate sunday afternoon, about 6:30 pm or so...traffic was light, and we were doing about 70 or so...
we see this yellow nissan sentra coming up on the right of us...so i look over, its a type R...he ducks back behind then to the high speed lane slowly comes up on the side of us...
younger kid..prolly 18, tops..and his girl it looked like, she looks over at me and gives me the smile like "hehe we're gonna SMOKE you!!"
SO of course, i say.."ohhh HELL no.." lol and give her a punch...boom, boost hits, 5psi, we're already by him, 7psi hes 5cars back, 8psi, hes fading fast...lmao so i just let off....cruise back down to 70...let him catch up,and see what just kicked his A$$..lol he starts taking PICS with his camara phone!!!! hahahaahaha, so we give him the thumbs up and a smile for the pics, and continue on our way...
;)
yesterday, the wife gets outta work, and finds this on the window of the car:
http://home.comcast.net/~presure2/onlinestorage/nissankill.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA
TOOOOO funny.
gotta love BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!!!!!!! :D
gotta love the "2nd & 3rd gear" statement...he dont know what hes in for!!!! heheheheheheehehehhe

Snafu
06-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Haha, sounds like a good race. Boosted toyotas are the shit ;)

RickyNo
06-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Go smoke him again. :bigthumbu

lavy_gts
06-28-2005, 10:48 PM
:bigthumbu awsome job, Not only do I wish I had boost, but i wish i had a car as nice as yours

Keoni
06-28-2005, 11:21 PM
From a dead stop the specV will get ahead but once you get to about 50-60 mph the specV wont accelerate as fast as a turboed celica. I have a 2004 SE-R SpecV, the high end is pittiful. (rpm and speed wise). Although I was able to clock a 15.6 @ 88mph bone stock, it was only because the first 1/8 mile was quick. Nice kill, its nice beating cars that came from the factory built for performance, while you made and engineered your celica to be quick.

GT4SOM
06-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Nice kill. I don't know about the sentra, I think the celica will take that spec v in the lower end. That 5sfte is full of torque. Woot woot :D

MoralWarfare
06-29-2005, 01:25 AM
ah, but not so full of traction. I bet it'll be close to 30mph, then BIKKITY BAM dead.

sounds like a fun time manny, there's nothing like a friendly race :)

Apostle
06-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Atleast hes showing respect even after he lossed, people usually yell at me if i win.

Galcobar
06-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Nissan owners tend to have a better perspective on these things than Civic owners. Maybe it's because of that looming presence of a supercar built out of a standard line -- Nissan has the Skyline, and Toyota has the Supra (based off the Celica).

Or maybe it's just the kids with attitudes who are attracted to the Hondas or the luxury sports cars, while those who know are attracted to the less-famous Toyotas and Nissans.

xeril
06-29-2005, 09:34 PM
it just comes to show you, not all celicas are slow ;)

presure2
06-30-2005, 02:34 PM
yea the kid was really cool.
i called him back that night, we talked for awhile..lol we're gonna meet up at some point again here soon
from a dead stop i think we'll be close or him ahead...TILL i hit 3K...3k=200ftlbs+ for me,hehehe he'll be TOAST from there. :laugh:

Snafu
06-30-2005, 03:03 PM
yea the kid was really cool.
i called him back that night, we talked for awhile..lol we're gonna meet up at some point again here soon
from a dead stop i think we'll be close or him ahead...TILL i hit 3K...3k=200ftlbs+ for me,hehehe he'll be TOAST from there. :laugh:

Either him or your tires :laugh:

alltracman78
07-05-2005, 01:46 AM
Nice job man. :D
It's definitly nice when the race is friendly. I can't stand beatches that can't handle losing.

What's up with this tho? :laugh:

we see this yellow nissan sentra coming up on the right of us...so i look over, its a type R...