PDA

View Full Version : where is the gas filter in 90 celica?

smartegyptian
06-28-2005, 05:32 PM
GT/Manual i need to replace it but i can't locat it? do i need to remove parts to get to the gas fliter?

RickyNo
06-28-2005, 05:53 PM
There are 2.
One in the tank, on the pump pickup.
One in the engine bay, on the low driver side wheel well/fender.

smartegyptian
06-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Yea i mean the one in the front do i have to remove parts to replace it for the tunup? cant see it

Luis C
06-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Yea i mean the one in the front do i have to remove parts to replace it for the tunup? cant see it

Welcome to 5th Gen hell and official home of knuckle cuts and bleeds :hehe: If there is a place where you will loose your patience and probably half the skin on your hands well.. THIS IS IT

The reason why you cant see it its because its black and is located on one of the most uncofortable locations on the car below a plethora of tubes, lines and wires. 5th Gen owners agree its a PITA to change and more than one (mainly me) preffer to pay to get it changed.

Freeze
06-30-2005, 04:11 AM
Yeh, it's easiest to take the wheel off on the driver's side to get to it. You also have to take off the intake and charcoal canister as well. I'd suggest paying for it!

schmooot
07-06-2005, 10:51 PM
yup right below the brake booster and master cylinder and above a few lines and beside some bolts and brackets and inbetween some various other wires and lines and brackets. Good luck

alltracman78
07-07-2005, 02:33 AM
I guess this is the non turbo hellacious job. :laugh:
If only you guys knew. :D

maroon_185
07-07-2005, 07:40 AM
I guess this is the non turbo hellacious job. :laugh:
If only you guys knew. :D
very true,if only they knew what us turbo guys go through.