PDA

View Full Version : Centerforce Clutches

Apostle
06-26-2005, 08:27 AM
Hey guys, my factory clutch finally went, and I'm actually happy that it did at just the right time, because i'll be boosting by the end of the summer. I am on a budget and found that Centerforce clutches offer pretty good prices, but I hear good and bad reviews from them. They offer a stage 1 kit and a dual friction kit, the stage 1 kit has a 30% increase in holding capacity and the dual friction has 90% increase in holding capacity for just a few bucks more. I need to know if anyone here has had a centerforce clutch and if you do please give me some input. I talked with my mechanic which im good friends with and he said give me any clutch and i'll put it in for you for 200 which is pretty good cosidering its a 5hour+ job.

Dr Tweak
06-26-2005, 08:42 AM
I have a dual centerforce in my SHO, no problems over the last couple years (it was put in before I got it)

bloodredgt
06-26-2005, 10:29 PM
i recall mike had a friend who had the centerforce dual friction and he said he pounded on it constantly and it's still holding up well. Not sure who it was but I asked for clutch recommendations a while back.

Apostle
06-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Well it should be in my car by saturday at the earliest, I'll tell you guys how it is.

Dr Tweak
06-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Break it in easy :cool:

Apostle
06-29-2005, 08:09 PM
My CenterForce dual friction clutch came in the mail today.

http://www.geocities.com/apostlemihos/centerforce.JPG

And here's its new master....

http://www.geocities.com/apostlemihos/celica001.JPG

Overall I hope it works as nice as it looks, but I should have it in tomorrow so I'll tell you guys how many times I stalled :bigthumbu

Apostle
07-02-2005, 03:59 AM
I got my clutch in, and it feels very nice. It feels alot lighter than my other one and it engages as soon as i lift my foot an inch from the ground. I did't stall yet lol, but came through many close calls. As far as performance goes, the only thing i notice is that my take off is alot quicker.