PDA

View Full Version : Front Window Fogged Up

91CelicaGT13
06-26-2005, 05:25 AM
Well, since my car doesn't like to have its accesories all properly working, I have another issue. It's been going on for some time and now it's finally getting to me, my front window gets seriously "fogged" up on the inside. There is like a thick layer of haze on the inside of the windshield, and it highly impairs my driving ability (as if it wasn't bad enough :laugh: ). My dad suggested that it might be the heater core that is busted, but I have no idea. Anyone that has gone through this or knows how to fix it your suggestions will be well appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to look

C.N.:
- Front window fogged
- Thick layer of haze
- Heater core possibly?
- Need suggestions

Murgatroy
06-26-2005, 05:29 AM
The when the heater core busts that does happen. Even when you try to wope it off, does it just kinda smear? If so, yeah, that is your heater core.

Spooph
06-26-2005, 05:58 AM
it'll smear if it's coolant - hence your heater core. When's the last time you tried cleaning the windows. I'm not talking with windes, I'm talking with an automotive window degreaser... you can get them at target for like $1.99. Is this all the time? Summer too, or just early morning when it's cold? If it's all the time, you're prolly well off assuming you have some kind of leak somewhere. Don't know where the AC is, but it might also be that... Just check your coolant level and see if any is being used.

91CelicaGT13
06-26-2005, 06:22 AM
You could come and check if for me lol j/k, but I'll have to try some of the automotive window degreaser, but bets are its the heater core. Like you guys said it does smear when I try to wipe it off, and it's all the time all year long I'll check the coolant tom. before work, but I think the heater core is the bastard doing this.

CandianCelicaGT
06-26-2005, 02:25 PM
IF there is any moisture in your car (ie. carpets) and you have the air on recirculate, the window will fog. Check to make sure your interior is dry and that you have fresh air coming, blowing on the windhseild......

david in germany
06-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Yep, Recirculated air is evil... keep it on fresh and it will stay clear.

evilcel
06-26-2005, 03:11 PM
may not apply for coolant, but for windshields (and non-tinted windows, id assume) there is a rain-x defogger... i hear just alittle bit of shampoo will do the same.