PDA

View Full Version : Swappable Parts; Let's Create A Resource List

caneman
06-22-2005, 09:18 PM
I have seen numerous references and requests for instances of swappable parts. It seems that certain Celica parts match those in Camrys and Corollas. Certain others are the same for like engines or suspension or brake systems throughout a particular generation. For example, the recent thread explaining the relatively simple, bolt-on conversion from front disc, rear drum setups to full, four-wheel disc setups.

I think that it would be invaluable for celicatech to create an ongoing "sticky" reference of parts that are interchangeable between Toyota models and years. Perhaps the list could be managed: edited and consolidated periodically to remove errors, repetition or unnecessary input.

Input should be limited to actual parts/model references; no off-topic comments that don't add to the data base. Actual part numbers to allow cross-referencing would be very useful.

Comments?

schreindogg
06-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Download a copy of the EPC. It has a feature where you can enter a part number and it will show you which cars use that part.

schreindogg
06-23-2005, 01:06 AM
You can find the EPC here: http://www.yankeetoys.org/docs.htm. Its about a 500mb download so its definately not 56k friendly.

Luis C
06-23-2005, 04:04 AM
You can find the 2004 version on emule as well as other versions and market specific versions. The one on Yankee toys is from 1995

caneman
06-23-2005, 04:23 AM
Schreindogg & Luis C, thx for your replys. Perhaps I should put my idea on the back burner until I checkout the EPCs. I just need to create enough drive space to dowload the files first.

schreindogg
06-23-2005, 04:27 AM
You can find the 2004 version on emule as well as other versions and market specific versions. The one on Yankee toys is from 1995

Sweet, I didnt know that. Thanks for the info!

caneman
06-23-2005, 04:33 AM
Errrr, excuse me, but what is the "emule?" I feel so dumb sometimes.