PDA

View Full Version : Injen Intake

Super Shadow
06-22-2005, 07:40 PM
I saw on injen's site that they have an intake for the 94-99 GT and GT-S Those motors are the same 5S-FE as the 90-93 Celicas. I was wondering if and intake made for that engine would fit the 4A-FE because the airboxes are in the same general area of the car. Anybody else tryed this out?

Murgatroy
06-22-2005, 08:32 PM
I have often wondered the same thing, but no, I have never tried it.

C_Herb
06-22-2005, 09:49 PM
It's not so much the air box location as the bend in the pipe from the intake manifold to where your desired filter location will be. In my 5th gen, I used an intake off a 92 Prelude, and cut it to make it shorter. It had the exact bend needed. Sorry that really didn't answer your question. But if the angle is the same, it should work.

Murgatroy
06-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Mine is from a Civic, I cut a few inches off and it worked fine. I know that folks have done the same procedure for the 4AFE and the 5SFE... It would stand to logic that the intakes would be close to the same...

StafeBak
06-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Just measure out the piping you need, and order it from Summit Racing, I got a U Bend, and piece of 6" straight pipe and bought a filter. Set it up by yourself, it's not that hard, just make sure you have a saws all or some other metal cutting power!...You can re-use some of the rubbery stuff off the stock air set up for clampy things...I forget the real name, lol.