PDA

View Full Version : lots of tranny swap questions/wiring

Akimbo
06-22-2005, 05:12 PM
The relay that is behind the right kick panel, it's black, it has 10 amp fuse is that the clutch release relay? If it isn't where is it? Also do I NEED it for my auto to manual swap?
Where's the cruise relay? How do i make that work in an auto to manual swap?
I need to connect the backup light somehow too, how can I do that? I don't have that relay or plug or whatever for a 5 speed...

My mechanic said this I quote: "do we need to connect the yellow and black and the white and black as the neutral start switch?"

help! i need my car back

alltracman78
06-22-2005, 06:08 PM
I think the relay in question is the starter relay.
Is the cruise any different from manual to auto?
You will need the sensor for reverse. It should have come on the transmission. The only plug up top.

What did you get for the swap? Parts wise.

Akimbo
06-22-2005, 07:53 PM
this is what my mechanic wrote me. I'll tell you this, the 95 differs GREATLY from Hooligan's how-to.

"Vehicle is wired (factory) with clutch interlock, cruise switch. Location of clutch relay? Will wiring have to be connected to (or of I can't read it)transmission function switch?"
"Modifcations necessary to make clutch/switch operable. Color of backup wires at trans shifter."

Well that's what the note says. What can you guys make out of it? Also What's the BLACK relay on the right side kick panel for? And Black/Yellow and black wires, what are they?

alltracman78
06-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Can you get pics?
That's the best way to know exactly what you're talking about.