PDA

View Full Version : Knox Ozone

ROME
12-11-2004, 11:30 AM
The police made took up half of the back car park of know on Friday with a defect station. I figured they where getting all the punks doing 'mini chap laps' but after I had finished watching Oceans 12 and was leaving knox I was flashed by an undercover unit and asked to follow them to the rear car park.

After a complete roadworthy check and epa test all they could tell me was I was 6 dbl over the 90 dbl limit for my exhaust. I'll be receiving a notice in the mail soon. Am I able to get away with putting my silencer in and getting it retested or will they ask me to take it out again for the test. If so I have to get a small muffler installed half way down the system somewhere.

So heads up guys. They are going all out this year, I think. Anything that had an exhaust note was pulled up and given the full works. Some moron P plater in a Skyline GTS-T had to walk home. That was funny.

Merry X-Mas

ROME

Elliott
12-11-2004, 11:54 AM
My mate had this issue with a 3000gt. He spot-welded on a silencer in 2 places, then took a hacksaw to it once he passed.

Elliott

J.F. Allen
12-11-2004, 01:34 PM
He's not the first.

And wont be the last. Dam Defect stations.

Keyroo
12-11-2004, 11:57 PM
at knox! fuck off man, i hate cops so much right now, i'm always at knox goddamit

Aust162
12-12-2004, 07:18 AM
with your exhaust getting tested, u might be able to pass with the silencer.but when the check is done the draw a layout picture of your exhaust and state what they changed..so putting the silencer in might not work becuase they can see nothing was changed. removable silencers are illegal too.

probably best to get a resonator put in or change ur rear muffler.
i got a flange put on my exhaust system, right at the back rear muffler so if i eve get caught one day (*touch wood0, i can unbolt my muffler off and chuck on a stock one easily myself.

T-VIS
12-12-2004, 08:47 AM
ha here in the states my town has the 90bd limit, but if the cops wanna fuck with you thay can pull you over and nail you wih a modfiyed exaust(other than stock that came with the car) i see alot of people with mustang 5.0's get naild for haveing flowmaters...50% of them get impounded becouse the cops are in a bad mood since california made it legle for a cop to impound your car for illegle mods

J.F. Allen
12-12-2004, 11:27 AM
What really gets me is all the Harley riders that have exhausts that make your ears hurt, and the cops don't care? I'd point that out saying that it's a double standard, and unfair that they pick on you.

ronin
12-12-2004, 01:19 PM
they dont touch harly riders for fear of sparking off a gang war. troof.

they'll pull up sports bike riders, car drivers no stress.. but most of them dont have a rep for carrying guns.. i guess nor do all harly drivers.. but its always the one you stop huh...

Elliott
12-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Guys ronin is right, and there is only one thing to do...

Start a gang!!! We will all go and buy up big on firearms and carry them round, until the cops stop pulling over gtfours for fear of being shot :D

Flawles...

Elliott

Sigma
12-12-2004, 11:32 PM
that seriously sux man. i hate cops, hehehehe they are just so....not needing to get ppl for half the stuff the do....hahaha

Sigma
12-12-2004, 11:34 PM
err how come my stupid sig pic wont work THIS TIME? and i like ur thinking, gang is needed ;) hehehehe

Jaemus
12-13-2004, 03:22 AM
hehe cool
will we have to strap the shotguns to the outside of our cars like the harleys?

Aust162
12-13-2004, 07:27 AM
hey Rome, when they picked you for the exhaust did they check under your bonnet? just curious to know if they said anything about your open air filter and bolt on bits??

ROME
12-14-2004, 05:44 AM
Yep, they popped the hood. Asked me if I had a boost controller and looked for things like blow off valves and such. I have held back on the mods cos my insurance is due soon and Christmas is coming up also, so the only thing I had bolted on is an oil catch can and a rush filter. They said the filter I have is an oil/foam filter and I'm not aloud to have it. I am however aloud to change it for a dry element pod filter. But he never wrote that down on the infringement so it is staying where it is. :D

On top of this there was another cop doing a roadworthy check while I was giving my details. Thing with that was my girlfriend was chatting his ear off about I don't know what and all he ended up checking was my horn and lights. Damn I love her. :hehe:

It was kinda funny. There was only one guy there who knew what was going on cos as soon as I lifted the bonnet, all the uniformed cops where like "oh, it's turbo?" :squint:

Keyroo
12-14-2004, 06:17 AM
i'm gonna redoo my engine bay, atm the only illegal things visible are teh boost controller and the wet filter, i'm going to get a dry filter and i'm going to buy and old fuse box cover for the boost controller, and bind all the cables so hardcore that carlos sainz mechanic couldn't see i've got a tpeice hidden down there let alone some retard cop with a 'how to spot a ricer' handbook, the only thing they would be able to get me on on the spot is the exhaust but thats only if they have a full on testing centre, then back home to the good old 'epa box' to bolt on teh stock muffler ect ect,,

bad luck rome, let me know if u need any help

Matty

Aust162
12-14-2004, 07:35 AM
i've heard about the wet/oiled element thing too. so i'm guessing that my K&N pod filter is a no,no? damn cops..

Classique71
12-14-2004, 08:07 AM
hehe - i love my Gt4 at the moment - youd swear shes stock as a rock - bar for the dump pipe if you looked carefully - as it looks DEAD STOCK from the outside

All my aftermarket stuff is safely hidden away under the carpet ( the joys of electronic boost control ) and im devizing a way of gutting an AFM to make the system NOT look likemap sensored with aftermarket ECU ..

My hand control unit currently is wired up thru the centre console and was tucked in the compartment underneath . My boost control knob looks like a dimmer switch for the lights - an un-obvious dial under the steering wheel in a factory location

My bov will be plumb back which is legal , the tanks for my water injection will be stored under the guards + plumed in beside the windscreen wiper bottle for refills , and my pod filter ( on the end of what hopes to be a gutted AFM ) will be boxed in

the only drawbacks in the near future is my frontmount cooler ( which is behind black mesh , not fullysic exposed ) and the intercooler piping which i will be doing up in nice polished Stainless.

My exhaust is legal as far as i know - and will be Db checked if i can swing it to make sure .

The ecu is being dyno tuned in - so it shouldnt show obvious signs of aftermarket fuel assistance - it actually runs more efficient now than it did with the stock ECU :)

Plus finally i live in the country - they check for bogan commodores and B and S utes before they would hassle me

Beej
12-15-2004, 11:28 AM
dont really hav a problem with defecting here in SA.....cops dont look at my car twice, even with the big fuk off vent in the bonnet.....theyre too busy pulling over anything and everything with a nissan badge on it

kenshin
12-15-2004, 03:55 PM
hehe adelade is just full of lancer and hyundai rice. thats really gonna suck if they are going all out on this defect rage. looks like everyone is going to become sleepers hehe