PDA

View Full Version : will I need DSM hubs ????

jburner21
06-21-2005, 03:49 PM
An older gentleman from my church is givin me some 17" OZ racing wheels (FOR FREE!!!!!!!) off of his 95ish eclipse, since he just got some new enkeis (imagine that....) and I was curious if I'd need or if it would even be possible to get some DSM hubs.

The reason I was curious was because of the fact that my friend had a 91 talon and his spare wouldn't fit my ride, even though we're both 5-lug bolt pattern. SO I'm thinkin that the lug spacing is different, but I'm not too sure. I'll probably do some research to find out...

But if someone could hit me up and let me know what my best alternative would be for this situation, I'd be greatly appreciative

(And passin up on these wheels is not an option!!!!!!)

C_Herb
06-21-2005, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't think that you would need DSM hubs, most likely you could just get lug spacers. Most decent auto shops can get them for you.

jburner21
06-21-2005, 04:26 PM
hmmm.....I've never heard of lug spacers before....

What exactly are they and what do they do?

C_Herb
06-21-2005, 04:32 PM
They are metal disks that you slide onto your stock hubs, over the stock wheel studs. You then bolt them onto your stock studs. The Wheel adapter has new studs on it, you buy the adapter with whatever lug pattern you need. Then you just bolt up your new wheels. Try looking on this site...they might have what you need.

http://www.wheeladapter.com/

C_Herb
06-21-2005, 04:33 PM
WEll actually they won't have what you need, but it gives you a great idea of what they are and how they work . Sorry about that, but the pictures will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

jburner21
06-21-2005, 04:36 PM
hmm....

So those wouldn't require me to remove my old hub or anything then....

Would the bolts on the hub get into the way of the new wheel?? I'm curious to know how that would work....

C_Herb
06-21-2005, 07:19 PM
No, the stock studs slide into the hole the wheel spacer. Then you have bolts that attach the spacer the the stock hub. Those bolts go down into the hole, almost like a nut, therefore there wouldn't be a space or fit issue. Then you just bolt your wheels directly to the spacer just as you would your stock hub.

jburner21
07-01-2005, 09:15 PM
oh ok.... u know of any place around here that I can get them from (considering that I see ur from pgh as well)? Or should I just go into autozone and ask them for some wheel spacers?

SilverCel
07-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Yea, the ones off the eclipse are 5X114.

you just need wheel spacers w/ a 5X100 to 5X114