PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...

AznKlique
06-21-2005, 05:17 AM
Is it me or are there a lot of threads in this forum that just end up with responses saying "go to autopia.org". Why cant people just help out and leave a real response.

Playfortoday
06-21-2005, 05:25 AM
One of our mods had surgery and is out, and I don't think moral would do this. We will look into it.

Blackcloud
06-21-2005, 05:48 AM
Then kill who ever is at fault....

but autopia is a damn good site for washing and stuff

Galcobar
06-21-2005, 05:50 AM
Because why write out something again and again, when it's been explained in detail, with pictures, by people who are experts in the field?

This would be equivalent to asking: why don't you just answer the question about what motors I can swap and how instead of telling me to search?

ronin
06-21-2005, 07:39 AM
simple solution. do a write up about it.. send it to the mod, or create a thread and get it stickied. if i wanted to use zutpia id go there. i like this site. lets make this a place that as answers, not a standard response giving all our members away to another site!

MoralWarfare
06-21-2005, 07:48 AM
yeah, demod me and make autopia mod.

Playfortoday
06-21-2005, 01:50 PM
yeah, demod me and make autopia mod.

Poof! :wiggle:

alltracman78
06-21-2005, 07:20 PM
:laugh:

Galcobar
06-22-2005, 07:30 AM
I doubt anybody on this site has the time to write half a hundred how-to guides.

Playfortoday
06-22-2005, 02:06 PM
I doubt anybody on this site has the time to write half a hundred how-to guides.

Great attitude! :bigthumbu

Blackcloud
06-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Poof! :wiggle:

:laugh:

MoralWarfare
06-23-2005, 12:47 AM
L:Isten Galcomonkey, I need you to help me out. You're a smart cat and you know your shit about detailing a car. If you like what is posted on autopia and someone asks a question that autopia has provided an answer to, post a link to the article or paste the article (preferably the latter). I would really appreciate if you would write your own response that is the culmination of personal experience and from reading.

In fact, I would like this of everyone that posts here. This is a one-stop-shop deal, not a "go here, go there, anywhere but here" type deal. Please treat it as so.

Playfortoday
06-23-2005, 03:19 AM
Since carlos is departing, maybe we can discuss moderating if you want to help us accomplish this goal. There would have to be a vote and all, but let me know what you think.

alltracman78
06-23-2005, 03:23 AM
Aye, Aye, sir!

Galcobar
06-23-2005, 04:11 AM
As for attitude, well, the number of how-to guides on this site, compared to the number of members, suggest time is an issue for many of us.

Moral, insults do not inspire co-operation.

I simply don't have the expertise to answer all aspects of many of the questions posted here. I also don't have the money to buy the literally thousands of products out there. Nor do I have the time to try them all. Therefore I defer to the greater expertise and collective experience of a large group of people who make car detailing either their hobby or their business.

As for responding to a question by posting a link to the answer, that is asking that I go out, do the research for the person, bring it back here and post it. Again, this is equivalent to somebody asking "how do I swap my engine" and expecting each time that question is asked for it to be written out. The asker has the ability to do the research just as I did when I had the same questions. Moreover, answering a question fully often involves reading a half-dozen articles or threads -- something the person asking the question needs to do to achieve a proper understanding of the issue.

I'll answer a question directly when I can -- see the threads on waxing new paint or removing paint from plastic -- but the rest of the time I'll defer to those who know more.

I could go on, but I just realized I don't really care about your opinion enough to spend more time on it.

Playfortoday
06-23-2005, 06:21 AM
OK, I guess not. Sorry for mentioning it.

Galcobar
06-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Play, was that mod offer directed at me? Since it came right after Moral's post -- and he with the title of Autopia moderator -- it appeared aimed at him.

MoralWarfare
06-23-2005, 04:04 PM
I already moderate this forum, he was asking you. I apologize if I insulted you, it was not my aim to do so.

Playfortoday
06-23-2005, 11:43 PM
It was directed at you, but that was until you basically said that bringing the knowledge here was too much work. :hehe:

Colossus20v
06-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Moral, we'll get this place rockin. Ill help you out. Lets go team!