PDA

View Full Version : SAFC Problems!! help (5sfe)

TRD Terror
06-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Install went fine.

I am running no corrections.

Car is fine up to around 3krpm... then it doesnt pull anymore.. and I get a engine light..

anyone encounter this? is it a setting Im missing?>

thanks,
TRD Terror

Hooligan
06-19-2005, 10:11 PM
What check engine light are you getting? That will probably pinpoint your problem. Sorry to say, but you probably wired something incorrectly.

TRD Terror
06-19-2005, 11:34 PM
I figure its wired wrong... but I have been going over it ... seems to check out.... I get TPS readings correclty.. and RPM ...

My map is hooked up correct as I have chcked it over a number of times, and its onthe right pin...

Do you know what sensor settings people went with for a 5sfe?

thanks,
TRD Terror

Hooligan
06-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Have you pulled codes yet?

I would assume there are some settings to specify whether the car is MAP, AFM, etc. Are they correct?

TRD Terror
06-20-2005, 12:28 AM
not sure what pins to jump, nor do I have a list for what the codes mean...

yah.... my setting is Pressure sensor # 3 ......... If some one with a 5sfe and a safc could just tell me what they put on the settings... id be set.... because im thinkin maby its not pressure sensor # 3 ..... although from the apxi guide it would seem like the correct choice... even though they dont list a 5sfe, the 4afe , 4age, 3sf3 , 3sge and so on all use pressure sensor # 3.

Ahhh tabernack.

Peace,
TRD Terror

Hooligan
06-20-2005, 12:38 AM
I think it's TE1 and E1 in the diagnostics port under the hood. There's a sticker on the front, underside of the hood that says which two to bridge. Tell us which code you get an we'll let you know what it is.

TRD Terror
06-20-2005, 12:56 AM
k
ill go pull the code now then...

heheh... im at work and havent done anything yet :( ... just been workin on this for the last 2.5h :( hope I dont getin shit

BRB

TRD Terror
06-20-2005, 01:16 AM
yah those pins are the ones you jump to set your timming and check it etc...

i need to find out what pins to jump to pull a code

ill search around bgb unless you know?

TRD Terror
06-20-2005, 01:24 AM
i talked with an MR2 buddy of mine... and it is those pins... i guess it just wasnt flashing a code for some reason :(

TRD Terror
06-20-2005, 01:31 AM
I got a Code 52 and 31

TRD Terror
06-20-2005, 01:37 AM
52 = Knock sensor

31 = Vacume sensor Signal

I know both of these I contect the SAFC up to... but I didnt cut those wires I only solderd onto them ..........

Maby they gut tugged on a bit in the connectors and arent hitting the pins..

ill check

Peace,
TRD Terror (stay tuned for my life action trouble shooting) :)

TRD Terror
06-20-2005, 01:50 AM
everythin is nice and tight in conectors... heeermmmmmm?

TRD Terror
06-20-2005, 02:56 AM
Problem solved.............

1. Followed directions for a SAFC that connects to your knock sensor
2. My SAFC doesnt have a knocksensor connection like others do
3. Not great lighting when working under the dash
4. SAFC connected to wire that shouldent have a connection for its type.

done and done...... weeeee

Peace,
TRD Terror

Spartikiss
06-20-2005, 03:37 AM
What the hell is SAFC?

-Spart

TurboGTS22
06-20-2005, 03:46 AM
lol its fuel computer

Hooligan
06-20-2005, 01:33 PM
What the hell is SAFC?

-Spart

It's a fuel control piggyback.

TRD, did you just tap into a connection that needed to be interrupted or what?

Punisher
06-20-2005, 02:54 PM
The map sensor wire needs to be cut.. the signal wire and you need to the MAP input wire on the SAFC on the map side of the wire and then the output wire of the SAFC on the ECU side of the MAP sensor wire.. that is the only way you'll be able to make fuel changes.

I had an issue when I did this though.. I could never cold start my car unless I reconnected the map sensor wire back to factory .. and then shut the car off.. switch the wires back to the SAFC setup and then start it..

TRD Terror
06-20-2005, 05:00 PM
the map and everything was hooked up right.... basicaly everything was hookedup up fine... there was just one wire of the SAFC going to my knock sensor. when It shouldent be because my SAFC doesnt support knock sensors... It turns out I was reading directions for a different SAFC... thats all that happend... I cut the wire, and it works fine now.

Peace,
TRD Terror

Punisher
06-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Ya you have the SAFC 1.. The SAFC2 supports knock sensor along with a bunch of other shit I believe.

Hooligan
06-21-2005, 12:19 AM
the map and everything was hooked up right.... basicaly everything was hookedup up fine... there was just one wire of the SAFC going to my knock sensor. when It shouldent be because my SAFC doesnt support knock sensors... It turns out I was reading directions for a different SAFC... thats all that happend... I cut the wire, and it works fine now.

Peace,
TRD Terror

What was that wire supposed to be for?

TRD Terror
06-21-2005, 01:32 AM
It is for nuthin......... good for nuthin wire.....

Peace,
TRD Terror

Hooligan
06-21-2005, 04:16 AM

Peace,
TRD Terror

?

Hooligan
06-22-2005, 04:45 AM

Peace,
TRD Terror

I'm sure Apex'i makes a practice of including superfluous wires in many of their products.

What was it for?