PDA

View Full Version : mine :)

flyspyder55
06-19-2005, 05:46 PM
http://www.classic-celica.com/albums/FLYSPYDER-S-ALBUM/hkslogooncelica.jpg http://www.classic-celica.com/albums/FLYSPYDER-S-ALBUM/Picture014.jpg http://www.classic-celica.com/albums/FLYSPYDER-S-ALBUM/Picture013.jpg

car is just sittign for now, work should start in about a month again.
7mgte is in teh process of being built, 60 trim ct26, ddp, lex afm/550's 2.5mm OS valves, massive port job, metal head gasket, ross pistons, knifedged crank, looking at 20 psi, around 500 wheel.

already on the car:
450 lb coilovers up front ( i sell these, 150 if anyone is interested 350 or 450 lb)

koni adj mr2 shocks, custom short stroke strut housing
koni adj camaro rear shocks
cut down stock panhard rod
front and rear swaybars front strut bar

konig rewind 14x7 on the car now wit h205/60R14 falken ruber, 17x10/ 17x9 5zigen fn10rc silver's in the living room, 275/245 rubber, also falken.

this is to be the daily drifter, it was my daily driver but the 20/22r hybrid finally gave up on me ( tore engine down 4 times in 30 days, i gave up lol)

the car is dropped, i wanna say abotu 5 inches as it currently sits, i cant get a fully turn out of the front wheels, the inner fenders are going to get cut out and new ones welded in.

Doctor Jinxed
06-19-2005, 09:36 PM
looks awesome. cant wait to see that thing fully restored and then some.

Colossus20v
06-20-2005, 07:10 PM
What happened to your black one?

Blackcloud
06-21-2005, 05:04 AM
Cant wait to see it done..

what color you gonna paint it?

flyspyder55
07-17-2005, 07:12 PM
that IS the black one.. she's come along way. gotta do some repairs to the supra, in about a month i'm renting a decent sized shop. the car is getting put on a rotisserie, and sandblasted inside out, top and bottom, then the chassis is getting seam... uhh stiched, basically like seam welding it but it'll be a 3inch weld, then a half inch space, then another 3 inch weld etc. everysingle part not welded to teh unibody wil be removed. i
, hoping progress is quck on the car, i'd like to have it togather before january.

not sure on color now, was gonna go black with a red pearl, then 350z orange, then i realized how shitty that color looks when its cloudy, thinking black again, i dunno

Mike431635
08-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Go with Royal Sapphire Pearl, that would look SO good on a 1st gen!

Colossus20v
08-08-2005, 03:32 PM
that IS the black one.. she's come along way.

What do you mean? This is the same celica you had in your sig on c.net? What happened to it? or was your sig a photoshop pic? I thought it was fast too?

Murgatroy
08-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Cars can detiorate over time. I show ppl pics of Chaos when she was all fancy and nice looking and they ask "What happened to that car?" Not even realizing that she is the same car... primer has a habit of doing that.

flyspyder55
08-11-2005, 02:36 AM
lotsa rust, lotsa dents that needed taken care of, notice that she now sports fender flares that are molded in. the old setup was fairly fast, 13.8 on a gtec, but ultimatly, not fast enough, so i bid fairwell to the R series junk motors (yes that means 18rg's as well, twincam garbage) and had plans for a stock 7m.. then a 7m with a mhg, then forged pistons... it kept going.
so far the motor is in the process fo being built, but its gonna go in the supra till its broken in and till i can get ahold of some shop space, the celica is gonna get sandblasted down and seam welded, braced, and repainted, inside outside everything, all suspension parts will be sandblasted and powdercoated (thank god triple crown trailers has a 100k dollar powder oven at my disposal)

motor as stands
60trim ct26
550's
lex
3"ddp
2.5mm oversised valves (350)
(os valve seats (480+400 to install)
will weinz porting (priceless :) figure around 700)
big block chevy valvesprings (a whopping 75 bucks)
so figure i'm 1800 into this head.... i mean serious buisness for this celica :)

as of right now thats it, i'm sitting on a couple dollars, and i'm just saving and saving till the head is back in my posession ( my porter is kept out of town with his job and rarely has time to work on it)

so i'm not doing anythign else till i figure out how much mone y i have to spend on it. for sure, i have the money for and the motor is getting:
je pistons, knifedged 6m crank, badass harmonic balander, peened rods, ebay 24x3x12 bar and plate IC, and mandrel alum hardpipes...

depending on how long the head takes, i will most likely include the new eagle 7m rods (which are oh so sweet) and some colt cam regrinds.. 264 duration.

if i go the rod and cam route.... this will be strung out to 8000 rpms its ready for it. a good balance is key. anyway, right now just waiting for word from my porter (which i am happy with, figured i would add that)

anyway, dont waste your time with a R series motor, there just junk. swap in a nice stock 7m or 1jz... and be happy, 250 whp in a 2400 lb car is alot. my car on the other hand... way to much money into it... WILL break the ct26 power record, which as of now is a measly 440 whp... once this motor is done, my money will al be going to finishing the celica. hope to be able to show it off next year... its easy to sink so much money into these things... greed is so terrible

85gtsblackman
08-13-2005, 10:49 PM
u realize mike (dynamic73) would kill u if u told him his r series engines are junk

:lolhittin

Dragoon
08-22-2005, 11:33 AM
I'll kill him!

C'mon now fly, you've opened pandora's R series box before, you kno it never ends... :slap: :D

cc.com is down rite now :(

flyspyder55
08-24-2005, 02:23 AM
and ive always been the one rooting for the 22r, and ive been through it, spent more money on a 22r than anyone i know... and its not worth it. its old outdated technology. anyways, the supras motor is coming along... which means i'm getting closer and closer to having the celica started..... but my choice in parts keeps getting more and more pricey.... big (seriously big) snail now, big IC on the car now, front facing manifold, cams... ohh it never ends