PDA

View Full Version : taking dash out

ibanezgfx
06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
does anyone have tips on taking the dash out to dye it? i want to dye mine black along with all the grey (for the most part) sometime in the future, but i dont want to fuck anything up taking the dash out.
any tips appreciated.
also tips on dye? :)

schmooot
06-16-2005, 05:29 PM
good friggin luck man. Excpect about elleventy-billion non-accessible screws and bolts, and then add 5 or 6 more to that. And then you still have to try to get it back together.

James D.
06-16-2005, 11:31 PM
i tried yet i failed, too hard and theres alot of them thats hard to access. to many wirings also attached to the dashboard.

ocb_dave_ocb
06-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Tape it all off and spray it inside the car... Leave your windows down and hope like hell it doesnt rain or nobody steals something.....
LOL

ibanezgfx
06-17-2005, 04:31 PM
i could do it in the garage

Smaay
06-21-2005, 03:40 AM
i pulled mine out to paint it and it was a biatch...now i wish i hadnt done it.. its back in but not complete cause you have to have a dash to race...

dontmaytagme
07-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Sit tight.. I'll try and put those pix up on Wednesday. Not that hard.. just label everything, and if you have screws left over.. who cares? Obviously there /not/ needed. :)

ja.

Thumpin00gts
07-18-2005, 09:24 PM
I took mine out and replaced it with a new one. Just take your time and keep track of everything. It wasn't impossible, just a bitch.

yelcelgts
08-02-2005, 02:07 AM
ok i had to do this in my car since i painted the whole thing yellow...what me and my dad had to do was to take everything off the dash...u have to take the steering wheel off...then u have to kind of work with it to get it out, it might take a while...i didnt have a windshield in at the time i did it so it was easier probably...but good luck and take ur time if u do!