PDA

View Full Version : maybe getting a second one

85gtsblackman
06-16-2005, 02:07 AM
ok so walked over to the inconveinence store thats next to work and i notice a white 91 celica gt parked under a tree, so i ask around in the store to see if anyone owns it and my friend that works there said a guy dropped it off that morning because it broke down or something to that affect.

so i leave a note and my number asking if the person needs help fixing it or would they like to sell it cheap

so the guy calls later in the afternoon, basicly he said the car needs a tune up because its running like it needs one (from the way he discribed)

so tomarrow is my early day at work (7am-11am), so when i get off the guy wants me to do a tune up on the car and has agreed to pay me 50 dollars for the labor and hes buying the parts.

i asked did he want to sell it, he said make an offer, i told him i want to see the engine and drive it tomarrow and ill go from there

i know it has over 200,000 miles on it and the trunk hinges are broken, also the front bumper is slightly crooked.

gonna start out with 300 bucks but im going no higher than 600, because i can get a really nice celica or a 94 toyota truck for 1500(for the celi) and 2000 (for the truck)

hope all goes well, if all else fails ill make 50 dollars for no more than 30 mins worth of work

(edit its a 5speed gt with alloy wheels)

AllOutRed90
06-16-2005, 02:41 AM
sounds like a nice thing, i know i wouldnt offer to help haha.....but yes thats a pretty reasonable price...i paid $2,300 on my 196,000 miled GTS with premium wheels....now its got 209,000 still running strong....

85gtsblackman
06-16-2005, 02:49 AM
i paid $2,300 on my 196,000 miled GTS with premium wheels

wow

i woulnd have paid that unless there was atleast proof of a new or sligtly used engine and clutch

u can get a 120-150k 5th gen gt/gts for that much

verts run 3-5k