PDA

View Full Version : i beat a 350z :)

fiveSFE
06-15-2005, 09:59 PM
on friday night me and a bunch of friends were just cruisin around, and one of my friends gave me a call asking if i could pick him up from work, so im heading over to get him. Im with my friend peter, and he spots this black 350z with nice chrome rims, with 2 guys in it. i pull up next to him and rev on him he says not on this street so we turn onto a dead street where there was less traffic. we did a 1st gear roll from about 20, on the htird honk we both went he got a lil jump on me, i missed second, but once i got it in i got about half car ahead of him and i slowly pulled onhim slowly about 90 where we started to slow down. At the next light he started saying how his car is totally stock and mine wasnt, so i asked him how much he paid for his and he said 28 grand, i told him i payed 4 for mine wiht eveyrthing on it, he seemed kinda angry.

we got it on video with my friends cam, but he is still trying to figure out how to put it in his comp.

ToyotaSupra
06-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Not surprized with all the goodies you have in your car. :bigthumbu

AllOutRed90
06-16-2005, 12:00 AM
i bet you feel accomplished...

MoralWarfare
06-16-2005, 01:02 AM
i bet you feel accomplished...
What crawled up your ass and died?

nice kill five :bigthumbu

AllOutRed90
06-16-2005, 01:53 AM
No i wasnt being sarcastic, i was being truthful, of course. if he wasnt then he wouldnt have post, its all about bragging rights, and how proud you are, or were.

Hey Five, Can you post up a list of mods and such, so others that dont know anything about you can get an idea...thanks

fiveSFE
06-16-2005, 03:11 AM
its an 92 awd plymouth laser awd turbo(same as eclipse) here is a complete list of mods.
2g TB elbow, upper intercooler pipe. MBC, 2g exhaust manifold, small 16g turbo with ported turbine housing, 550CC injectors, 2g Maf, rewired Walbro Fuel pump, Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 3 inch turbo back exhaust, 2.5 inch o2 housing with Turbonetics Evolution wastegate, Front strut tower brace, KYB AGX struts, Sprint Lowering springs, 17 inch wheels with 235/45 Bridgestone Potenza SO-3's, upgraded front brakes to 2 piston/larger rotors, Spec stage 2 clutch

i am waiting for my data logger to come which i just ordered off ebay, once that gets in, ima hook up my emanage system. And in a couple weeks ima be installing a front mount intercooler from johnny racecar, i just need silicone couplers which i had no idea were so expensive.

once my friend figures out how his camera works ill post the vid up.

fiveSFE
06-16-2005, 03:19 AM
heres a few pics of the car that the previous owner took.

http://www.cody624.addr.com/My%20Pictures/5-15-05/

AllOutRed90
06-16-2005, 03:20 AM
ooh cool, since your name was 5sfe, i thought you had a celica...i was thinking there was no way to beat a 350z with a celica unless it was swapped....cool list of mods...

smoothtuner
06-16-2005, 03:35 AM
its an 92 awd plymouth laser awd turbo(same as eclipse)
While fast, it is not the same as an eclipse. Its a Plymouth Laser. It may still be DSM, may share everything except the name - but it is not an eclipse, it's a Laser. ;) Good job though - and enjoy your new ride.

AllOutRed90
06-16-2005, 03:39 AM
yeah a talon and a laser may look like an eclipse but its not an eclipse haha....and eclipse is an eclipse, a laser is a laser....and a ford probe is still a probe...

fiveSFE
06-16-2005, 04:14 AM
yeah i had a 93 gt, but some stupid lady totaled it for me.

same motor, same transmission, same interior, mostly same exterior, the only difference between the cars is the frotn and back bumpers and badging, if just about everything on the cars are the same, i consider them to be the same car. also
they are all made by the same company, so i think them of being the same

im looking for an all trac to trade for, i miss my celica, it was just more of a comfortable car, and i liked how it handled compared to the dsm

MoralWarfare
06-16-2005, 04:35 AM
turbo triplets baby, can't go wrong with em :)

AllOutRed90
06-16-2005, 05:05 AM
the tail lights are a bit different too arent they, and there would be no trac driver stupid enough to trade it for a LASER! (dr. Evil Voice) Sharks with Fricken Lasers, attached to their heads! (evil laugh)

cosmic_sombrero
06-16-2005, 08:11 AM
my gf drives a 97 eclipse GS-T. . . its purty quick, but in all honesty, from a drivers perspective I like my celi a lot more.

MoralWarfare
06-16-2005, 01:51 PM
a 97 gs-t and a 1g AWD turbo is a lot different.

Lagos
06-16-2005, 07:14 PM
DSMs are not joke. very fast cars for very little money. only problem is, everything on the car that can brake, will. most people end up selling them because they are sick of fixing them on a daily basis...but dont mess with one, they are very fast, especially if you upgrade the turbo.

Lagos
06-16-2005, 07:16 PM
just looked at your pics....very nice and clean for a 1g !

fiveSFE
06-17-2005, 01:51 AM
i think that a lot of people call them unreliable just because there are alot of them out there tthat are far from stock, which causes it to be more unreliable. one of my friends has a 95 tsi fwd with 206k miles on it, and his runs great and he has pushed it up to 26 psi before (accidently) on stock turbo and stock fuel so i think the cars are built tough.

i like my celica better, just because it is more comfy, but we'll see what happens, i just got my datalogger in, so ima wire up my emanage soon.

fiveSFE
06-17-2005, 01:51 AM
i think that a lot of people call them unreliable just because there are alot of them out there tthat are far from stock, which causes it to be more unreliable. one of my friends has a 95 tsi fwd with 206k miles on it, and his runs great and he has pushed it up to 26 psi before (accidently) on stock turbo and stock fuel so i think the cars are built tough.

i like my celica better, just because it is more comfy, but we'll see what happens, i just got my datalogger in, so ima wire up my emanage soon.

Doctor Jinxed
06-18-2005, 12:09 AM
DSMs are not joke. very fast cars for very little money. only problem is, everything on the car that can brake, will. most people end up selling them because they are sick of fixing them on a daily basis...but dont mess with one, they are very fast, especially if you upgrade the turbo.
I had a friend that bought a lazer once and he was sooooo psyched about it. He went so far to pick it up and drove it back home in one piece, but after that it went to hell and he hated that car beyond comprehension. lol

alltracman78
06-18-2005, 04:35 AM
While fast, it is not the same as an eclipse. Its a Plymouth Laser. It may still be DSM, may share everything except the name - but it is not an eclipse, it's a Laser. ;) Good job though - and enjoy your new ride.

Doot, its the same firckni car. all the sutff that maters is the same.

SMDs are bad acrs. The engine si the toughtse prat. Wodln't trade my Alltrac for one, but thery no joke.
Evn on a stock turbo.

xeril
06-24-2005, 05:37 AM
i think a swapped celica has a whole lot of potential to be quite a beast on the roads.. and its a pretty good sleeper :) cant wait for winter to come to see how the 3sgte likes the colder air... have to make it through summer first.