PDA

View Full Version : Ice on inside of rear window

2000 GT-S
12-10-2004, 06:38 PM
After winter started when it got really cold out in the morning my Celica had ice and frost on the inside of my rear window. What's wrong? :thumbsdow

david in germany
12-10-2004, 07:23 PM
After winter started when it got really cold out in the morning my Celica had ice and frost on the inside of my rear window. What's wrong? :thumbsdow
Generaly due to the moisture from your breathing the air inside the car is damper than outside. (delete technical terms here) the glass gets cold and the warmer moisture rises and sticks to the cold glass. the temps drop to freezing and the car gets cold inside....
Try to drive only with the selector on fresh air and the fan on 1, this will bring in the dryer air and filter out the moisture. This will aso reduce the long steamed up window drives, and save the steamyness for the abandoned parking lots with the one you lust.
David

Slider
12-10-2004, 08:57 PM
I have a similar problem in the winter. I drove my car in the morning a few weeks ago, it was definetely below freezing. I had the air being drawn in from the outside so the windows weren't fogging up. The sun isn't up yet, I park the car and go to work. 6 hours later, noon and sunny by now, I go to my car. The entire passenger window and most of the windshield had dense fog on the inside (kind of like little water droplets). Why did this happen? And how to prevent it? It took quite a while to dry it off since I didn't want to smear the windows with the dirty rags that I have in the trunk.

Last winter I had the problem but there was a light layer of ICE on the windshield and side window. :thumbsdow Any ideas?

carlosfandango
12-10-2004, 09:12 PM
when a window has been replaced sometimes the seal isnt finished properly and moisture creeps in and sticks to teh coldest part, the glass, and freezes. check your seals also check for holes in the floor on the trunk. moisture is defo getting in somewhere.

Dragoon
12-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Hah! This is FUNNY! Serously, this is a fact of life where I live. I dont think there is anything you can do to change this, brand new cars on the lot will experience it in sub zero temps. That's what the rear defrost button is for...

Slider
12-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Hah! This is FUNNY! Serously, this is a fact of life where I live. I dont think there is anything you can do to change this, brand new cars on the lot will experience it in sub zero temps. That's what the rear defrost button is for...

Yeah but it's annoying when you have a layer of ice on the inside of the front windshield and can't see crap. Rear window doesn't bother me that much but the windshield is annoying.

TRDmkII
12-10-2004, 10:22 PM
save the steamyness for the abandoned parking lots with the one you lust.
David

lol freaking hilarious....what sucks is for some reason my re-defrost wont work, i think that the automatic air control computer thingy is buggin out...

InitialD93
12-12-2004, 03:05 AM
if i turn on my rear defrost it blows the fuse that turns on my dashboard lights and tail lights... its crazy

schmooot
12-12-2004, 08:15 AM
after you scrape the outside windows and get in, just scrape the inside of the windshield. I do it everyday

TRDmkII
12-12-2004, 04:44 PM
if i turn on my rear defrost it blows the fuse that turns on my dashboard lights and tail lights... its crazy

sounds like you got a short to ground somewhere thats overloading the circuit...ouch...lol