PDA

View Full Version : All-Trac Hood from Toyota Dealer

Keoni
06-14-2005, 12:41 AM
In my never-ending quest to find/buy a All-trac hood and have it sent to Hawai'i where I live; I have given up and gone to the dealer. It seems that I can get the hood for about 340$ unpainted but that is just for the bonnet. I would also need to get the vents but my question is would I need that square-shaped rubber piece that sits on the stock TMIC when the hood is down if I do not have the stock TMIC? Does that square rubber piece serve anyother purpose. Also is there an insert or other parts that goes in the scoop like the grill or weather resistant rubber?

CelicaGT4
06-14-2005, 01:10 AM
you will also need to buy the actual scoop insert. Also, that rubber piece is a seal for the TMIC. Good luck on your search.

I forgot you will also need the carbon trim in front of the hood if you don't have one.

bloodredgt
06-14-2005, 01:37 AM
the cf trim could be transfered from your current hood. I wouldn't buy the extra rubber that sealed the gap between the scoop and the tmic, waste of money and adds weight (LOL).

Keoni
06-14-2005, 02:59 AM
Yeah I figured I could transfer a few parts from my GT-S hood to the all-trac hood. So the main parts would be: the bonnet,scoop insert and the left/right vents. I priced them on partznet and it totals to about 560$!! So toyota would be about 650-700$ seeing that toyota prices are higher than the partznet prices. Damn! The RC hood complete from toyota dealership is 850$.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Punisher
06-14-2005, 03:13 AM
I'm surprised being in hawaii that you aren't able to get JDM shit cheaper/easier...

Keoni
06-14-2005, 09:23 PM
It is easier to get JDM stuff in the Continental U.S. since here in Hawai'i we do not have JDM engine/parts importers and the continental U.S. has tons of places that import JDM stuff. Closer does not necessarily mean easier.

I noticed that the bonnet of the 90-91 and the 92-93 All-tracs have a different part number, anyone know what makes them have a different part number?

evilcel
06-14-2005, 10:06 PM
i know the alltrac hood doesnt say 'toyota' its just blank (better looking IMO). Maybe 1 of those actually says something on it? Im sure someone will know what the difference is

bloodredgt
06-14-2005, 10:50 PM
I know a couple of people at elmhurst toyota and people at Glendale Toyota here in california. I could probably get the bonnet for $300, scoop insert $80, vents $160 for both.

CelicaGT4
06-14-2005, 10:53 PM
I believe the Toyota Dealership will MATCH partz.net's prices. I read that on the alltrac forum.

Keoni
06-14-2005, 11:15 PM
I know a couple of people at elmhurst toyota and people at Glendale Toyota here in california. I could probably get the bonnet for $300, scoop insert $80, vents $160 for both.

That would actually be a great help! I think that if I order the bonnet from toyota here that would save me money on shipping and if you could get the vents and the scoop insert at the those lower prices it would still be cheaper having them shipped to me then getting them from toyota.

Toyota wants like 340$ for the bonnet. then the scoop insert 80$ plus the 160$ for both vents that 240$ and shipping from California to Hawai'i isnt too bad. So it would be 340$+240$+shipping~ 600$. A little cheaper than getting all the parts from the Toyota Dealership here.

I am down for it. Let me know if you would help me out. We could probably figure out payment and shipping methods.

alltracman78
06-15-2005, 12:55 AM
I noticed that the bonnet of the 90-91 and the 92-93 All-tracs have a different part number, anyone know what makes them have a different part number?

All 90/91 Celicas had Toyota written on the CF piece, and no holes for the Toyota emblem.
92/93 had a blank CF piece, and holes to mount a silver Toyota emblem.

bloodredgt
06-15-2005, 01:02 AM
i'm down to help

Keoni
06-15-2005, 01:56 AM
I will PM you bloodRedGT